Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Advice Needed: Private parts & shaving

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
Do other 12 year old almost 13 year old girls ask to shave their area?? My dd has asked and she says other girls at her school/friends are shaving...Isn't it a bit to early for this?
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM
3 moms liked this

It is her body and her decision, IMO.

How does she really know who is shaving what?  You may need to revisit the private parts talk.

BTW - this is a really creepy post, but I only replied in case it isn't a creeper man and really a mom needing advice.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I agree..a bit odd....

I hear kids asking to shaves legs at that age, but asking for a bikini shade suggests they are sharing a bit much and some are exposed to inappropriate shows, etc.
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I don't think it's too early. I think it should be her choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VivMom1970
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I believe it's their decision.  My 11 yr old doesn't need to shave anything yet and my 15 year old shaves down there and her legs and armpits.  Whatever makes them comfortable is fine with me.

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Umm, not really, My dd shaves down there sometimes. Unfornately, she has some hair very close to her anus which she can't get to. If needed, I do it for her.  DD has sensory issues is why I say if needed. Sometimes the hair snags on her underwear and there is a big ass fit..It's just easier to shave it off.

Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I teach my DD not to "conform" to society!! I taught her if she feels she needs to shave her legs? Then go for it! If she doesn't than she is still pretty! Her private area I have no clue?! I did talk to her about bikini area if she is in a swim suit! But again I don't know what she chooses to do!
MJP76
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

If she's got hair and wants to shave it I don't see an issue with it. 

My DD has been pretty hairy her entire life, around 12 I noticed that she needed to start shaving her bikini line. I allowed her. I wasn't going to allow her to go swimming with hair hanging out of the bottom of her bathingsuit. That's inappropriate.

at 14 she stared shaving completely bald.

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My girls havent said anything but if they wanted to I would let them decide

brownhoney21
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM

My girls are not at that age yet.

brodymommie
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Why would you think this is a creepy post! PM please I would love to hear your opinion!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN