Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period Time

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

Well, my DD is 11 1/2 and has been complaining her belly has been hurting since yesterday.  She has been having headaches off and on the last couple days and been kind of irritable.  She has never had her period before.  Do you think this is what she is feeling?  She can't describe the pain very well.  I got my period at 12.  Thanks for your advice and thoughts in advance.

Marie

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberrosesmom
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM

BUMP!

minimo77
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM

If she has developed and all that, it is definatly possible that it could be any day now. Yikes! Good luck!

catngabsmom
by Erica on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

my oldest dd is 11.5, she got her first period in early december, but she started having the physical PMS symptoms over the summer.

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM

If she has started develop breasts (breast buds) then her period could be comming. The first period usually comes about 2yrs after they begin to develop. My dd is 10yrs old (she'll be 11 in may) We've noticed that she has begun to get breast buds and has been very emotional lately. So who knows, Sounds like your daughter may have pms. Mine always has been belly pain and bad head achs. Ask her if it kind of feels like there is a tight fist being made in her belly and then very slowly been let go.

Amberrosesmom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Thank you ladies. She has been developing for a while now. I did not realize that she could show symptoms that far in advance like catngabsmom said. So we may have a while, huh? I guess I will keep an eye on her.
catngabsmom
by Erica on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
It wasn't till after she got her period that I thought about it and the timing! It was around the beginning of the month, intense mood swings, stomach discomfort and food cravings. Now she gets the period shits too!!! The first two months she complained of diarrhea and stayed home from school, two days later, her period started! Now I tell her to suck it up and send her to school!!! Period is here to stay so she might as well learn how to deal and function!

Quoting Amberrosesmom:

Thank you ladies. She has been developing for a while now. I did not realize that she could show symptoms that far in advance like catngabsmom said. So we may have a while, huh? I guess I will keep an eye on her.
louannwilkins
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Most likely that's what it is.  I started that early myself and had symptoms for a bit.  Poor girl.....lol....I'm SO ready for mine to be gone forever!!!   LOL    :)

wandep
feeling happy :)
Today at 4:37 PM
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Sounds like it. :( I dread the day my dd starts.

abra
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

It could be. Have you ruled out other causes? Is she drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, etc?

momofsixangels
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Sounds like it. Does she get crabby?My 11 year old gets very crabby around the same time every month.She has all the signs and the dr agreed.Just waiting,Hate it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)