Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I need discapline suggestions

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey ladies I need discapline suggestions here. What would you do to disapline your teen if they had a screaming fit? Emma had one tonight after knowing she had upset both of us (myself and dh) after letting her little sister play with my house keys (she was playing with her sister while I helped dh move stuff into hallway staorage) Well little sister lost keys (we did find them) But during all the looking and knowing she was in trouble she had a screaming fit. Like at the top of her lungs screaming. No words just screaming. I asked her why she screamed and she said because I think you are angery.  Told her "I'm pissed". Did I raise my voice? Yes a little. She doesn't get slapped or anything like that. She was screaming like she was getting beat, which she doesn't, se's never even been spanked.

Anyway I'm not sure what kind of punishment should be given for this. For letting her sister play with and losse keys she was sent to bed an hour early. But we want to make sure she understands that the screaming fit was not only unaccpetable but not something she should be doing at her age.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
louannwilkins
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM

The screaming wouldn't work with me.  I'd probably have lost it myself.  lol  I'm not sure.  I definitely think there should have been a punishment though.  Maybe no phone for the rest of the day, or no computer etc....Something that will make her think twice about doing it again.   :)

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

She doesn't really use the phone all that much. Only to contact me and dh so that doesn't work and she only uses the computer for school work. To be honest I wanted to slap her in the mouth (I didn't but I wanted to).

Quoting louannwilkins:

The screaming wouldn't work with me.  I'd probably have lost it myself.  lol  I'm not sure.  I definitely think there should have been a punishment though.  Maybe no phone for the rest of the day, or no computer etc....Something that will make her think twice about doing it again.   :)

louannwilkins
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I'm sure it was very frustrating.  It would have frustrated me for sure.  lol  Just try to think of something she would be upset to NOT have and use that for leverage in the future.  Good luck!!!   :)

Quoting embrigmom:

She doesn't really use the phone all that much. Only to contact me and dh so that doesn't work and she only uses the computer for school work. To be honest I wanted to slap her in the mouth (I didn't but I wanted to).

Quoting louannwilkins:

GleekingOut
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM

No idea. My 21yo did this and I am at a loss. I've told her that she needs to leave. She has lots of issues that I am no longer going to be abused from.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Bump

quiet time to  herself maybe?

mjimaging
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM
You have to find what's most important. For my DD it's dinner. The threat of no dinner will usually get done what needs to get done. I'm not sure I would have punished for the keys. She probably wast thinking. The screaming though is completely inappropriate I would have likely sent her to her room at the start of it and not let her back out all night. Depending on her reaction of course. I wouldn't want my younger child learning that behavior personally and I'd make sure my tween knew that too.
mjimaging
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Oh and we solved our missing keys by getting caribeaners and putting then up where our youngest can't reach them. Our oldest knows not to touch them and youngest can't reach ten they are clipped to our cabinets.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)