Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Clingy tween daughter

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 13 Replies

Recently my normally independent dd has been waking up in the middle of the night and crawling in bed with me (if she doesn't start off in my bed to begin with).  She has also distributed minor separation anxiety.  It's just really unlike her.  She will be 11 this summer...is this possibly due to starting her cycle?  

by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Mmmm, can't comment on the cycle thing... But my 13 yr old son is also going through this, too. He's pretty much all over me ( just like tot!)

I believe his is the changing over from middle school to high school. He has always had a massive fear of growing up. This time every year, he declares he's eight ! :-)

Any big change can trigger some form of regression.
GleekingOut
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Is there any big changes going on? any possible abuse? Bullying? Depression? Ask her. If there is truly nothing, I would seriously turf her out of your bed every night. She  needs to learn she is safe in her own bed. Yes I know that some people prefer sleeping with someone, but at 11 - she needs to be in her own bed and you need to be able to have privacy in your own bed for sleeping, or...Um, other activities. But yes it could be hormones, but hormones don't excuse rule breaking.

celestegood
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Hugs-it sounds like something is up, but I'm not sure what. Previous posters said what I thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I'd just talk to her about it and see what she says. :)

abra
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I agree.

Quoting GleekingOut:

Is there any big changes going on? any possible abuse? Bullying? Depression? Ask her. If there is truly nothing, I would seriously turf her out of your bed every night. She  needs to learn she is safe in her own bed. Yes I know that some people prefer sleeping with someone, but at 11 - she needs to be in her own bed and you need to be able to have privacy in your own bed for sleeping, or...Um, other activities. But yes it could be hormones, but hormones don't excuse rule breaking.

nebcutie
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember going through this and my dd went through this also. For us it is when we relize stuff happens, people breaking into houses, car wrecks, house fires just the usual things that can happen that catch you off guard and you can't ever be fully ready for. I did things with my dd that were not done with me. We went over every possible bad thing and how to handle it so she was prepared the best she could and have a plan. It was a long 2 weeks but she got through it and is back to less worrying.
louannwilkins
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM

The first thing I thought of was what is going on with her....I wonder if she's depressed or if someone is making fun of her etc...I'd talk to her and see what you think.  Be sure to let us know.  :)

brownhoney21
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Quoting wandep:

I'd just talk to her about it and see what she says. :)

princezlisa12
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Thank you ladies.  The past 2 nights have been relaxing alone in my bed.  I keep asking her what's up...just think it may be stress.  She has a solo in choir next week and the song (whole performance actually) is pretty difficult.  She is a trooper though.  I just feel it's going to be a great show =)

momofsixangels
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I would talk to her.Maybe something happened at school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN