Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you more lax with your child's appearance during the summer?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 14 Replies

In our school district, hair is a covered topic in the dress code. They cannot wear what would be considered distracting styles or un-nautral hair color.

During the summer my son likes to wear a little mohawk, actually more like a faux hawk and have the ends tipped with blue.

Do you allow your children to experiment with their appearance during  the summer?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM

We wear the same type as we would in school. Our schools don't have that strick of dress code.

abra
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I let them have fun with their appearance during the summer.
cgarlic
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I gave up that battle as long as their clean & not raggity looking its whatever. Our school doesn't have a strict dress code.
Bella14308
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Now that they are 9 and 10 yes i will let them 

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Yes&school year too! As long as its weather appropriate! And with my teen DD I never worry about too short, etc. she's not interested!
louannwilkins
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM

We didn't have that to deal with at school.  Most of the time in the summer they were just happy to be out of school and wanted to go swimming everyday.  lol

SweetLuci
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM

It's more relaxed in summer. She's never had an interest in weird hairstyles or colors, not yet at least.

brownhoney21
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

No.

Truluv4ever
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Yes! I let her show her personality with clothes but she has to dress appropriately, not too much skin showing, no skimpy tops, shorts not too short! She lives wearing a tankini when we go swimming.
wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I wouldn't say I'm more lax, but I feel less like I have to make sure their outfits at least sort-of match/go together and that their hair is brushed nicely : )

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)