Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to the group

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey everyone my name is andrea.. i have a 10 year old going in to sixth grade next year..she is growing like a weed. i cant wait to get to know everyone and make some new friends... I have no clue what im doing with her lol im just lost in somethings.. so maybe you guys can help.. for example how the hell to get her to clean her room and keep it clean lol...the looks and mouth she likes to run at me when she is in trouble! lol just some things.. here is a picture of her ...

by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hi. Welcome to the group. Lots of great moms here with helpful ideas. Using rewards and consistent consequences will work. Tell her what you expect, when the room has to be cleaned, and what will happen if she doesn't do it. Do not allow disrespect. It's a time for her to push to see what she can get away with. Don't yell, speak very quietly-that has more effect. We taught her to make her bed when she first gets up, so that's just a habit now. During the week, I don't say anything about clutter, but on Saturday morning, she has to have it cleaned, sheets changed, dirty clothes in the laundry room, everything neat, her bathroom cleaned if she wants to go anywhere or have friends over. We always are out and about on the weekend, so usually she'll do this before Saturday. If she wants friends to spend the night on Friday-or stay at a friend's, then it has to be cleaned first. It's worked out pretty good. When she says she'll do it later-no go.

Oceanblue0913
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Thank you for the advice, the room thing is new she use to keep it clean all the time it has just been this past year i have taken things from her, i have tried rewards and consequences..it is like she just dont care!!!

louannwilkins
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hello Andrea and welcome to the group!!  It's so nice to have you here!!

Your dd is at a difficult age where she is going through all kinds of changes BUT you have to let her know that there will be consequesnces if she doesn't do what she is supposed to do. I think once they see that they can't get away with it they start to behave a little differently.  No computer, no phone, no friends over no NOTHING.....lol  She will most likely start to see things your way.  Good luck    :)

Oceanblue0913
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:24 AM

lol thank you!!!

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on May. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Hello Andrea, welcome to the group!
wandep
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Welcome to the group!

celestegood
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM
My oldest is like that. Hugs! Maybe rewards for keeping her room cleaned? Ones she REALLY wants?

Quoting Oceanblue0913:

Thank you for the advice, the room thing is new she use to keep it clean all the time it has just been this past year i have taken things from her, i have tried rewards and consequences..it is like she just dont care!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
De Nada.

Quoting Oceanblue0913:

lol thank you!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
Good advice!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Hello Andrea and welcome to the group!!  It's so nice to have you here!!

Your dd is at a difficult age where she is going through all kinds of changes BUT you have to let her know that there will be consequesnces if she doesn't do what she is supposed to do. I think once they see that they can't get away with it they start to behave a little differently.  No computer, no phone, no friends over no NOTHING.....lol  She will most likely start to see things your way.  Good luck    :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Oh, and welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)