Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I told him how I felt

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

I noticed my tween son (turning 11 this year) has more of an attitude with me than his Dad, my husband. He is quick with negative comments to me with a tone that I'm stupid. So driving home from somewhere Saturday with him in the car, I said "I wish I was a Dad to you instead of a Mom". "Why?" he asks. "Because you're a lot nicer to your Dad than you are to me." "No I'm not" "Oh yes, you are, I never hear you talking rude to him like you do to me." He says "I don't mean to talk rude to you." I say,"I know, we've talked about it, but you still talk rude to me and it hurts my feelings."  Silence for awhile, then, "I love you both the same though." "Good" I say. Silence again, and almost home - he puts his hand on my shoulder and leaves it there until we get home. I LOVED THAT.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I'm glad you had that conversation with him.  Maybe he will stop and listen to how he is saying things and be more aware!

sonshining
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm hoping! 

Quoting TigerofMu:

I'm glad you had that conversation with him.  Maybe he will stop and listen to how he is saying things and be more aware!

hugss
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Sounds like a great talk & hopefully he doesn't speak rude to you any more ;)

abra
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Best of luck to you.
Hottmomma607
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Good that you had a talk with him!
louannwilkins
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww...that is so sweet.  I raised 4 boys and I think they are sweet for the most part.  I think the fact that you brought it up to him and in that way rather than in an angry way...he'll think about it more now.  Way to go!  He sounds like a sweetheart!!

sonshining
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, he is a very sweet boy, and he is sensitive to my feelings, so I'm hoping and praying we can keep an honest, kind communication flow as he grows older.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

Aww...that is so sweet.  I raised 4 boys and I think they are sweet for the most part.  I think the fact that you brought it up to him and in that way rather than in an angry way...he'll think about it more now.  Way to go!  He sounds like a sweetheart!!

SweetLuci
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM

That's nice. That was good to point out to him. Has he maybe heard some family friend or relative speak to women in a rude way?

TrulyMicka
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

aww:)) thats sweet...he sounds like a good kid

sonshining
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

No, now his brothers, my stepsons, spoke to me often with disrespect. But he was young when they were around. I have pointed out though that they hurt my feelings and I'm trying to teach him  how to speak with respect to me and for the future women in his life.

Quoting SweetLuci:

That's nice. That was good to point out to him. Has he maybe heard some family friend or relative speak to women in a rude way?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)