Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What is with the sassy mouth?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

My guy is starting to jump on my nerves with the little attitude and sassy mouth.

Nothing major yet, but Im getting the 'Sheesh' and a little smirk or the 'FINE' with a huff when being told to do something.

I usually nip it in the bud pretty quickly but still I'm not prepared for the attitude. It seems like it just happened too. Like one morning he just woke up and started this. Sigh, it is going to be a long summer.

Anyone else have an eye rolling, arms crossing, huffing and puffing, sassy mouth on their hands?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wyomom4
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Yep. My daughters try that all the time. It seems like they need daily reminders to knock it off. I usually tell them they have a choice: either quit the attitude or I can fill their whole day with chores.  :D usually does the trick

Hottmomma607
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM
No thankfully!
Sometimes he had tone of "Mom" as if he knows already&don't say anything! LOL
wandep
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Mine has done this a little bit and he is only 9 years old. LOL

TigerofMu
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate that!  It's nipped in the bud immediately here.  Cannot stand it when kids are disrespectful and not going to put up with it from mine, but it irritates me that I have to deal with it at all!

abra
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM
no, if they try that there are consequences.
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Yes! My 12 year old dd. I swear its like someone had taken over her body and mind. She is driving me nuts!

SweetLuci
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

When it started I at first ignored it, that didn't work. I sat her down and told her calmly, that we didn't approve of that kind of attitude and wouldn't allow it, and if she wanted to be treated like "an older" (she was constantly saying "but I;m getting older"), that she needed to show respect, and she would receive it. And that there would be consequences for any eye rolling, hmph, or sighs of irritation. I told her she could find other ways to tell me respectfully that she didn't like my decisions, but that she would be required to say it in a respectful voice. Nip it in the bud before they think they can disrespect you in other ways.

louannwilkins
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM

they tried it believe me.  they get to the age where the horomones are raging and they think they know it all but believe me when I say I tolerated ANY of that for about 2 seconds.  lol  Good luck!!    :)

TrulyMicka
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

No sassy mouth but ive noticed the attitudes & facial expressions & to me its all the same....I straighten it right then....I feel like you..It happened over night &&.its going to be a lonnnggg summer...She's starting middle school in the fall (sigh) 

catngabsmom
by Erica on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I tolerate a small amount of sass and sarcasm, since I use plenty of my own sass and sarcasm. What I can't stand is the dramatic hormonal years from two tween girls!!! When the tears start flowing, I send them to their rooms, once they have collected their composure they can come find me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN