Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Tween Boy

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi Im Ashley, I have an almost 12 yr old boy, and a 4 yr old girl.  I know that when I was this age I started getting distant from my parents.  But he constantly aggrivates his little sister to the point of drivng me mad! I just don't understand, I was babysitting at his age, and I can't leave them 2 alone for 5 min without screaming and crying.  And he is always on his phone msging girls, I know I shoudn't but I went through the messages and he has more than 1 GF. I want him to treat women with respect and not be mean to them. He also doen't want any part of talking about sex or anything that has to do with what is happening to his body. I had him when I was 17 yrs old, maybe I'm afraid of him doing the same thing, but my mom had "the talk" with me and I was on BC but things happen. How do I break this pattern of us fighting and arguing?? And have a more open relationship??? PLEASE HELP DESPERATE

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wyomom4
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I have an 18 yo son and an 11 yo daughter with the exact same relationship. My nephew and niece also have a similar age difference and relationship with each other. I think it might just be that for boys the age difference is too much to overcome easily.

The solution in my house was to teach them to leave each other alone. That actually seems to have really helped them get along. Now when we do things as a family they can get along and not fight so much. And I have even caught him teaching her things when he doesn't think I am around.

And as for the puberty/sex talk, does he have a positive male role model in his life? It is easier for boys to talk to men about it sometimes. Otherwise you might have to sit down with him, tell him you know that it is uncomfortable for him to talk with you about it so you would just like him to listen to you. He doesn't have to reply, although he is welcome to if he wants. Then just tell him what you want him to know about sex, std's, birth control and puberty.

hotmamato2
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

We do staying away from each other, they do pretty good overall, I guess it would be nice to be able to run some errands in the am when they are sleeping and not worry about them. I was watching my brother 10/11yrs old but they do say girls mature quicker than boys.....He has his dad, and they talk, but I don't think my hubby had a "good" talk with his dad, he's a Dr. and older so he may have given him some sort of health ed. talk!!!  IDK im not too worried, but you never know what other kids are exposed to and I don't want him to be un prepared or feel like he has to do something he isn't comfortable with.  I feel like I share too much with him when we talk, he isn't interested in girls that way, so It's pointless at this time. I just want him to be open with us if he does come into some type of situation.  We are going to work on more one on one with him and see if we can love it out of him!!! LOL

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest 15 des antagonizes my 7 yr old dd. generally if we have to leave, we tell them about bickering and such. Best behaviors or they going with us. We also split the kids up with each one going thru what they do. All I can say is loads o patience and if you do, a drink now and then to calm the nerves. Generally my kids get along otherwise
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

My 16 year old ds picks on his siters everyday all day! I cant get him to stop.Its driving me mad

hotmamato2
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM
It's just ridiculous!!! They honestly have nothing to be fighting about! So far the staying away from each other and if they fight/argue and I have to be involved they each lose a privilege. Good luck ladies!!! Stay positive!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)