Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you allow your tween to decorate their room?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

I seen all these professional looking tween room posts and I got to thinking, do you allow your tween to decorate their room?

Do they hang posters and pictures or stuff like that? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Yes, with help. We generally pick a theme for the kids rooms, and stick with the theme..

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We did and it totally looks like tween boys did it.
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Yup. That is why it does not have a theme. Even when they were 2/3 they did it themselves.

Kids share a room, its Justin bieber and 1Direction with eminem , Taylor lautner, lady GaGa Avril posters. Spiderman and Batman. Fairies and music notes and giant purses and flowers wall decals. No theme just a bunch of random things they like.
I wont dictate my kids taste or force a theme on them as preteens, toddlers or preschoolers. Its their room not mine
GleekingOut
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I like themes - but I don't make my kids have them. My daughters don't really have a theme in their room - just matching bed spreads, no posters, my son has video game posters in his room and my daughter has pictures of her life experiences (not much!) her favourite actresses, a TV show and pictures "her" kids have drawn her from work.

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Kind of. We decide together what color to paint, and I picked his bedspread but I knew he would love it. He has some posters that he picked and some that I picked, his Starry Night picture was actually mine, but he begged for it till I gave in lol! We usually agree on his decorating choices, but if we disagree I have the final say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pcsainco
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:52 AM
My girls can do whatever they want except I have to approve the paint color...I will paint once for each stage: kid, tween and teen. They'll have to stick with the color for a few years, so although one of then might love orange this month, I'm not painting their room orange! Otherwise, they can go wild!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Yes. Always have (except for the nursery of course). They pick out the colors and theme and can hang what they want on the walls.  Figure it is their room and should be the way they want it. They have never asked for anything outrageous so we haven't had to say no to anything.

darci16
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Yes, he picked out the color island orange for his walls, orange has been his favorite color since he was 2. He love's the show Top Gear, so he has the Stig poster on his wall and poster of cars. I do have the posters in frames so it's looks alittle neater and not so many thumb tack holes in the walls, lol. Dh wasn't too happy about the paint color, but it's just paint I tell him and it's a happy color!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Yes.

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I let them decorate  their own rooms. Of course I make sure nothing bad is put up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN