Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

We came, We Shopped - We Checked it off the List with Style

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 49 Replies

I have two elementary school aged little girls - one in third grade and one in first grade. And per tradition, every year about a week before the school year begins, I take each daughter out separately on a special "back to school" girls night to buy supplies and clothes.

So when I took Piper, my third grader, school supply shopping last week at Target, we were armed with two lists. One from the teacher, and one we made ourselves. The teacher's list was filled with the basics. Pencils, markers, notebooks and folders. Our personal list was a bit more fun - gym shoes, bright colored headbands, a new backpack, and one of those insulated containers so she could take hot soup for lunch.

When we got to Target, we knocked off the teacher's list with lightening speed - and even found a few items on her classroom wish list.  Things like hand sanitizer, paper towels and tissues, necessary classroom items that were deemed "boring" by Piper who was anxiously waiting to get to shopping for the fun stuff - clothing and accessories.

The thing about shopping for little girl clothes at Target, is there is absolutely something for every girl. Best part (besides the price) is that so many of the separates can be paired together to create fun and funky looks. Piper and I spent the bulk of our time wandering around matching up and creating outfits - complete with crazy headbands and a mustache slap watch for her wrist. And when it came down to whether or not she wanted sequins or polkadots? We decided she needed both!

So what did we do the minute we came home? Tried on our outfit for the family to see! An impromptu backyard fashion show of sorts.

Back to school shopping was a wild success if I do say so myself. And like I tell her every morning, her best accessory is her smile - and to never get dressed without it.

How about you? What's your favorite item to shop for on your back-to-school list? 

by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I love all of the school supplies like pencils, erasers, paper etc.

alliesmom112
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM

she is beautiful!!

alliesmom112
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My favorite is the backpack. DD can really express in her backpack choice. This year she chose a sparkly Minnie Mouse one with a matching lunchbox. 

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I like shopping for clothes.

MichelleK41
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I think we like picking out the perfect backpack.

copperswifey
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM

She is such a cutie! My favorite is buying them new clothes. They have the cutest clothes for girls! :)

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

i actually don't like shopping. lol

johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I love any kind of shopping!Luv seeing my son get excited for school!

dusky_rose
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM

She looks very happy! We had fun getting new outfits for my son when we went on Sunday.

mrswillie
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM
We are like clothes shopping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)