Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Fashions

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • 15 Replies

Is your tween picky about their clothes?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TwinSoccerMom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM

No thank goodness. They like to look nice but are not hung up on name brands. And they love thrift and consignment shops because they can get so much more.

fygfitness_mom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no. They are picky about what it is they are wearing but not who's name is on it. My youngest is very frills and pink, whilst my oldest is bones and earthy colors. They are their own fashion sense for sure. 

mysweet1s
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
My tween is a boy. His only hang up is the length of his shorts...they MUST pass his knees. This is a pain because he's really tall (especially between his waist and knees it seems like - lol) and skinny.
MissMelanieC
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I would say my tween is picky about her clothes. A weird thing she does too is wear winter clothes in the summer and summer clothes in the winter?!?!

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM
As long as the clothes fit is all that matters
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM
A little. There are certain styles that he doesn't like, he doesn't like stripes unless they're on a button up shirt, no skinny jeans, and his shorts have to go below his knees. He doesn't care about brand names though. His favorite shirt is a plain orange tee shirt! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Not really, but he's also a 9 y/o boy. He does prefer cargo jeans, but will wear regular one. He's not very picky on shorts. Shirt-wise, he likes tshirts, long-sleeve tshirts, and flannel shirts.

I know dd will be- she already is at 7 y/o!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM

No.

teen boy

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Yes and no, she will not wear jeans or any kind of pants at all. She only wears shorts dresses and skirts. Only wears tanktops and tshirts, will ear long sleeved shirts if its a hoodie, but needs to be a zippered up one. lol

She will wear any brand , but I only buy named brand stuff, cause of quality, other stuff falls apart to quick for my liking. lol

Babujai
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

Yes and no. They are picky about what it is they are wearing but not who's name is on it. My youngest is very frills and pink, whilst my oldest is bones and earthy colors. They are their own fashion sense for sure. 

This ^.  He's very particular about the length of his shorts and socks because he doesn't like how skinny his legs are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN