Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Are your tweens self conscious of their appearance?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 11 Replies

Are your tweens at the age yet, that they are getting self conscious of their appearance or are they still more kid like and not think about it? 

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM

My kids are 10, 16 and 19. My two oldest never went through that, my youngest is not like that, and I doubt he will be.

all of my kids are physically fit and have pretty high self esteems. My DD did ask me once "when will my boobs get bigger?" Because all of her classmates seemed to be larger than her. I explained to her, that it would likely not happen because she is an athlete and has an athletic body, and the girls that she was talking about were all more girthy and robust than she was. And that also genetically it was less likely that her breast would get large. I explained to her that her breast were right for her body type, and she needed to trust me when I say big boobs are painful, especially in older years. She seemed to completely understand what I was telling her. But I feel the question was asked more out of curiosity rather than self conscious issues.

fygfitness_mom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My girls are both athletic and don't seem to have issues with much in the way of appearance, with one exception. My oldest daughter has developed acne. We are taking the steps to ensure that her skin is healthy and that makes her feel better. 

TrulyMicka
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM

not really....my 11yr old dd is very comfortable with herself..I thought that we would have some problems when she started to get acne but nope!! she still thinks very highly of herself...cant keep her out of the mirror smh

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM

No. I have two Tweens, my middle boys - they are not self consious about their appearance.

Babujai
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

My 11 year old won't wear shorts to school because he's self-conscious about his skinny legs.  He's also worried about being short.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Ds2 doesn't really care yet at 9 y/o. He isn't even bothered by his port wine birthmark on his face. For one, he's had laser treatments since he was an infant to fade it. And for another, he has told me he likes having Sturge-Weber Syndrome, birthmark and all, b/c it makes him special. He also has told me he likes being small for his age- it's easier for him to hide, and he can duck and slip past his friends easily when playing football. I truly hope he keeps that attitude through his teen yrs.

mamavalor
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM

My 12 y/o is getting better with personal hygiene and wearing clothes that look like she took out of the hamper. 

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Yes for my 8 year old...she's a self proclaimed fashionista. DS, 13, couldn't care less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Neither my 12 yr old ds nor 10 yr dd really think about their looks. Although, dd thinks she is gorgeous lol. Definitely no self esteem issues there like I had at her age

PaganKitty67
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

She is still a kid. She has her hair cut in a really cute long side swept bangs with a bit of shorter pieces around her chin. It looks so cute when she has a far side part but she tends to part it in the middle and it just looks like she needs to cut her bangs LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN