Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Are you there God it's me Margaret?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 28 Replies

Remember this book?  At what age did you read it?  Do you plan to have your daughter read it, if she hasn't already read it?

I've met moms who have given it to their 3rd grader and up.  DD1 is going into 7th grade and has no interest in reading it. 

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TwinSoccerMom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I read it when I was younger but have no idea when. I would guess in middle school around 6th-7th grade. I have never even mentioned it to my DD and I doubt she has heard of it. She may like it though as she just asked me recently to buy her the American Girls Care and Keeping of You, Book 2 for older girls and she likes it a lot. It gives us great conversation starters.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I read it, I think in 4th or 5th grade.  Neither of my boys have read it yet, although I may encourage it in a few years for them.  Both boys have read a few books that I read as a child, including the Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Series, and the youngest one is currently working on Dr Mr Henshaw.  The youngest is going into 4th grade and the oldest into7th.

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I was in 7th grade. I think there are better books written now than books I was reading 35 yrs ago. I remember I loved the book Secrets of the Shopping Mall by Richard Peck.  I started reading it again to give to my 12 yr old niece and I thought.... I read this garbage??

Reina13
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I was in 3rd or 4th grade when I read it. 

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I did read it, my uncle gave it to me. I'm pretty sure he bought it because he thought it had more to do with God and not about a girl going threw purberty and asking God for bigger boobs and liking boys and getting her period. Not sure I'm going to have my dd read it. Honestly it might be to easy for her, she's two grade levels above when it comes to reading.

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I read it. But there are historical issue regarding menustration. I was confused for awhile!!' The book is a great as a connection for tween girls, but if my girls were reading it, I'd feel the need to show when it was written and explain the "pad part" when they got that part. ONLY because I was totally confused when the book talks about belts and snapping the pad on when adhesive pads had been all I'd ever seen or knew about. I never asked and it stayed on my mind until the Internet came into full swing and I could look it up! Hah!
momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I was late elementary or middle school.  My oldest was 4th or 5th grade when she read it.

GleekingOut
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't censor books (mainly cause I'm not a reader NOW) so if they came to me and said "can I read this" I'd probably be like "I don't know? Can you?" lol. But in saying so - both me and my eldest have read the book. She's not a big fan of Judy Blume but liked that book.

momofjkkc
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:21 AM
I never read it. I don't think my sisters did either.
mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I think I was in 4th or 5th grade when I read it. My dd is 19 and never read the book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN