Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Intermediate school or middle school?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 19 Replies

How does it work where you live as far as the break down of grades in different school buildings?

the district daughter attends its this:

elementary:k-4

intermediate school: 5-6 grade

middle school: 7-8 grade

high school: 9-12

district where I work

elementary: K-5

middle: 6-8

high: 9-12

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Our district has one~ K-3 building, two~ 4-6th grade buildings, a middle school (7-8th), a high school (9-12).

StephanieSH
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We are in Los Angeles and the break down s

K-5 elementary school

6-8 middle school

9-12 high school. 

But I went to school in a neighboring district and they will have elementary school until 6th grade and then 7-8 is jr high

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Our district is slighty different than most others on CM.  All of the buildings are on one campus, the district owns the roads, parking lots, land, and buildings, several acres of land.  One building houses the district offices as well as the elementary which is k-6.  The other building houses the middle school (grades 7-8) and the high school (grades 9-12).  You go to school with same group of kids from k-12.

waytomanykids9
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Elementary k-6, middle school 7-8, and high 9-12

tgeary
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Elementary = PK - 5

Middle = 6-8

High School = 9-12

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Elementary School: Pre K - 5
Middle School: 6 - 8
High School: 9 - 12
catngabsmom
by Erica on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM

same in my district, however in my state the "intermediate" school is usually run by the county and all communities in the county help fund it through property taxes, it houses all of the special needs type programs that can't be run in individual schools due to expense or not enough need in particular areas. like in my town, there are a small amount of kids who are profoundly challenged, to fund one classroom and have all the needs met, would not be cost efficient to the district or beneficial to the stdents, so they are bussed to a school in a central location with other students with simialr needs.

Quoting diaperstodating:

Elementary School: Pre K - 5
Middle School: 6 - 8
High School: 9 - 12

Erica

Mom to
Caterina-11
Gabriella-9.5
SouthernMamaof1
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Pre-K Center   we have 1 pre-k center in the public schools

Elementary School K-6    we have 6 elementary schools

Middle 7-8    we have 2 middle schools

High school 9-12   we have 2 high schools

It's really awkward for the 6th graders.  They honestly don't fit in anywhere.  They don't fit in socially with the elementary school kids, and they don't fit in with the middle school kids.  They are stuck in between.  Our district has tried them in both schools.  I can honestly say from teaching 5th and 6th graders (currently teaching 7th) that they are just a different breed all together...lol   It was my least favorite grade to teach.

Teaching~"Once you master the art of facing a room full of teenagers, and come out alive, you can do ANYTHING."

Truluv4ever
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
We have 2 Elementary schools, building 1 is K&1st. Grade. Building 2 is 2 nd. Through 5th. Grade. Middle School is 6th. through 8th. Grade and high School is 9th. Through 12th. Grade.
pattya925
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

My son's school is preK-12 in the same building, just different wings.  The elementary is K-6. Jr high is 7-9. High school is 10-12.  There's about 800 kids total K-12.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)