Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Advice Needed: My 11 year daughter has not had here period in 2 months

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
My 11year old daughter started her period and she had 3 normal cycles and now she has not had one for over 2 months. Does anyone know if that is normal and if not should I find her a OBGYN? I feel bad not knowing but I just can't remember much from my first period months.
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It is fairly.regular for them to be abnormal at first. Especially if they are into sports and serious training.
tattooedmama333
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I hate to say this but with how our kids generation is, have you asked if she is sexually active?
bingogurl
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

yikes...your 11yr has already started?! I'm scared since mine hasn't yet. 

Mommy2Boys0900
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I started getting my period when I was 10. I remember i didn't get it for a month or so, but then it started up again every month.
Khanfan
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM

My dd who is 12.5, started at about 11, she skipped one recently then had two back to back within a few days, poor thing, but she never complained, just went with the flow. (no pun intended).  It happened during our move from CA to OH. She was stressed by that.

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900:

I started getting my period when I was 10. I remember i didn't get it for a month or so, but then it started up again every month.

scapermom
by Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My understanding is that it goes in the way it goes out - one or several month(s) you get it, then you don't. It can be light or heavy. Then after a while it will get on track. If it doesn't though, I'd certainly seek a doctor's advice. 

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM

My dd is 11 and started at 9 yrs old.

Op its very normal to be iregular like that for a few years actually. My dd misses sometimes 4 months in a row, or may get some spotting here and there. Dr said it was very normal and by 13 or so it would begin to be more regular.

Quoting bingogurl:

yikes...your 11yr has already started?! I'm scared since mine hasn't yet. 

jojo_star
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM

It's normal to be irregular. 

Eve-marie
by on Aug. 11, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Quite normal to be irregular at first, or if something is stressing her. I missed two when I was 13. Unfortunately my blessed mother threatened me with a belt and was seemingly mad when I didn't confess to being a slut but I managed not to crack and it happened before she could take me to a doctor I think. Funny how I can only remember stuff she did or said that upset or embarrassed me. Oh well.
momofsunshine77
by on Aug. 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I think that when you first start it can be abnormal until it normalizes.  I didnt start until 2 months before my 13th birthday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)