Having their own space to focus on assignments can make homework feel like less of a chore.
Help your child set up a desk or other workspace in his or her room (or another area of the house) that’s organized and free of distractions. As soon as they come home from school, have kids open their backpacks and get books and worksheets out and ready, even if they won’t be doing the work until later.
NO HOMEWORK YET? Set up a mini library or “book nook” where you can spend some time each day reading with younger children. Or create an organized arts-and-crafts space if you don’t already have one – it can transition to a homework spot as they grow.
How do your kids do their homework each night? Do you help them keep track of assignments?
One mom who replies to all 7 of our Back to School posts will win a $500 gift card!
- Back-to-School Shortcut #1: Grab-and-Go Outfits
- Back-to-School Shortcut #2: Make-Ahead Breakfasts
- Back-to-School Shortcut #3: Create a Homework Haven
- Back-to-School Shortcut #4: Keep a Master Calendar
- Back-to-School Shortcut #5: Prepare to Keep Memories Organized
- Back-to-School Shortcut #6: Find Your Bedtime Zen
- Back-to-School Shortcut #7: Think Outside the Traditional Lunch Box
The Giveaway Rules
The Back to School Giveaway starts 8/12/2013 at 8am (ET) and ends 8/31/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to the 7 Back to School Posts associated with the giveaway with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $500 gift card to Target, Walmart or amazon.com. The random drawing shall occur on or about 9/7/2013. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.