Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How often do your kids visit the dentist?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Right before back to school, I schedule my kids well child check ups, and one of their twice yearly dental visits. It just makes it easier to do things that way.

How often do your kids see the dentist? Do you schedule around back to school as well? 

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM

My boys see the dentist twice a year.  They normally go over Christmas break and then again in late June.  I like it this way because they aren't missing any school for their appointments. They typically do their well child visits over Thanksgiving break, since both of them have a birthday with in a month of Thanksgiving.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Every 6 months since they got their first tooth. They get their cleaning done. But they go more often if needed too. My lo is 18 months and has been 3 times already. Lol

What's a well check up? I'm not American so.....lol
Pukalani79
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Usually twice a year.  The past year and a half though the only dentist their insurance will cover has had a lot of scheduling problems, so it's been awhile.  It's time to get them in

cocoroo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:52 AM

They go twice a year.  I don't schedule them around back to school.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
My boys go to the dentist every 6 months.
stuswf
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:12 AM
2x a year = every six months
HoosierMom2JB
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Every 6 months not scheduled around back to school.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM

They go twice a yr, but it's not necessarily tied to back-to-school.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM

A well check up is when they go to the dr, usually around their birthday, to get a basic checkup and make sure they are growing like they should, no problems have come up, and to discuss any questions you have.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Every 6 months since they got their first tooth. They get their cleaning done. But they go more often if needed too. My lo is 18 months and has been 3 times already. Lol

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Ah. We only do that till 1. Then when it needle time. I do it every few months with my 18 month old since she is 18lbs and only 27 inches tall.

My older kids 5 and 11 only go for needles and if they are sick.

Quoting wakymom:

A well check up is when they go to the dr, usually around their birthday, to get a basic checkup and make sure they are growing like they should, no problems have come up, and to discuss any questions you have.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)