Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Daughter who's 10 to close to 11

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter is 10 to close to 11. I want to be able to talk to her about anything
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
What is your relationship like right now? How do you interact? How often?
Bammie
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:21 AM
It's great.. She a really good kid. I just know that she is getting older and I want her to be able to talk to me about anything.
I'm dragging my feet to go in to major details about puberty and having a cycle :| and I dang sure haven't talked to her about sex. I want to be the one to tell her all about those things I'm just a little scared. She growing up to fast and is full of questions . I need a book r something

Quoting M4LG5:

Bammie
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Oh and we do things together every now and then with just us 2....
M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Start with the book from American Girl Care and Keeping of I you. They are 2-3 page chapters and my oldest and I went one by one, took turns reading and talked about each one. Some chapters we talked more than others but that's ok. We will be rereading it again soon.

Quoting Bammie:

It's great.. She a really good kid. I just know that she is getting older and I want her to be able to talk to me about anything.

I'm dragging my feet to go in to major details about puberty and having a cycle :| and I dang sure haven't talked to her about sex. I want to be the one to tell her all about those things I'm just a little scared. She growing up to fast and is full of questions . I need a book r something

Quoting M4LG5:

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM

My dd just turned 11 and tells me everything we have always been very close.

She knows she can come to me about anything without any judgment from and its awesome. We talk about sex, and drugs and friends to makeup and clothes to dating etc......There is no topic I dont think we have no covered by this age yet, but I have always had an open talking relationship with her as well as my 5 yr old dd.

catngabsmom
by Erica on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

i have 10.5 and 12 yo girls, we are pretty close, some days they tell me more than i want to know!!! just remember it's a lot of work to keep that relationship open, sometimes life gets busy and its hard to take that moment to reach out, but you just keep doing it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)