Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Padded training bras!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 31 Replies

I do NOT like them...well not for my 10 year old. That is all that I can find. Is there a purpose for the padding that I am not aware of?

Has anybody had any luck finding training bras that are not padded? If so, where?

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy502
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Sports bra!

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Wal-mart, the sports bras.

My 11 yr old has padded bras, nottraining bras though, she has been wearing a bra since about 8 yrs old. lol

My daughter is a fan of these style bras.

Out of all the like 20 bras she owns these styles are the ones she likes the most. And no padding these ones. I buy them ata  store called Ardenes. But i am in Ontario and not sure if they have that store in the states (if you are in the states)

NYCitymomx3
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
5 moms liked this

The reason for the padding is to cover the protrusion that happens during puberty.  It can be very embarrassing for nips to be poking through your shirt when you're a tween.  The light padding covers it.  

TrulyMicka
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I found some at Walmart....I didn't buy the padded bras for my 11yr old....she wore tank tops under her shirts as well to keep her nips from poking out
susannah2000
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I haven't seen them personally so don't know how "padded" they are, but if it's like two layers of fabric, wouldn't that just be a little extra coverage for girls who are developing but not quite ready for a regular bra? That seems like a good thing.

susannah2000
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

My 11 yr old has padded bras, nottraining bras though, she has been wearing a bra since about 8 yrs old. lol

Out of all the like 20 bras she owns these styles are the ones she likes the most. And no padding these ones. I buy them ata  store called Ardenes. But i am in Ontario and not sure if they have that store in the states (if you are in the states)

Why would an 8 year old need to wear a bra?

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Why does any female need to wear a bra??? Um maybe cause they have boobs.

What a dumb question. lol

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Why would an 8 year old need to wear a bra?

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I never ever thought of that! I'm a very small chested woman so I've been buying padded bras for as long as I can remember. To enhance them, lol! I didn't even start developing until I was 14.

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

The reason for the padding is to cover the protrusion that happens during puberty.  It can be very embarrassing for nips to be poking through your shirt when you're a tween.  The light padding covers it.  

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Right now she's wearing camis. She constantly complaining of pain though. I was wondering if the padding would help with that?

Quoting TrulyMicka:

I found some at Walmart....I didn't buy the padded bras for my 11yr old....she wore tank tops under her shirts as well to keep her nips from poking out
jaytee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I live in the states. I have not heard of that store. I like the first and last style. We're going to go shopping this weekend.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)