Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What do you think the cut off age is?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 27 Replies

I posted about Halloween candy in another group and I was thinking about all the Trick or Treaters we get every year.

I love to see all the kids in costume no matter what age they are. One of my neighbors on the other hand thinks there should be a 'cut off ' age for Trick or Treaters. She thinks if you are older than 8 or 9 that they are too old. 

I think that if you are in elementary school that it is fine even though I don't mind older ones too. 

What are your thoughts? How old is too old to trick or treat?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I don't think there is a cut off age.  As long as they are being respectful, I would give college kids candy.  My son trick or treated all through high school.  He is 19 now, and if he weren't overseas with the AIr Force, he would probably still try to go, lol.

waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

We don't go trick-or-treating so I really have no idea.

MomTo5B2G
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

My older kids stopped trick or treating on their own around 14 or 15. I think 15 and older is too old.

calsmom62
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM
usually around 12 or 13 with our kids.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM
My oldest.is 15 and doesnt go anymore this will probably be the last year for DS2 who just turned 13.
mamarj
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM
When DD was 11 I figured she would not trick or treat but she wanted to still dress up to pass out candy. After an hour into it I was done taking our youngest around and I gave her and her friend the choice whether they wanted to run around real quick to the neighbors. I figured if they are still festive enough to put work into creating a costume they should be able to go. This year, at 12, I don't see her being real interested in dressing up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I don't think there should be a cut off. My 15 yr old still loves to go. We go as a family.
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM
None of my kids enjoy it, but I don't think there should be a cut off age. My mom does, she thinks once kids are out of elementary school they are too old. I think as long as they want to put together a costume and all that, they should be able to go! I don't like when older kids don't even bother to dress up and still trick or treat. If they're going to do it, they should wear a costume of some sort!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I think once you get into high school you are to old to trick or treat. But not to old to dress up. But I may bend on the trick or treating for my older dd. She's in 6th grade now so we will have to see. She is going trick or treating next year. We go with a group of family.

We all meet at dh's parents' house and then all the kids go together in total we have 8 trick or treaters next year will be 9 because my sils baby will be old enough to actually trick or treat next year. My dd (11) is the oldest kid in the group and right now my dd (20 months is the youngest trick or treater) My older dd and her uncle the second youngest in the group (10) help out the littl kids that range in age from 20 months -almost 7yrs. So I'm sure she will still go out with us for many years to help out with her little sister and her littl cousins. That's why I may let her keep going past starting high school because she will be helping the little kids.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I get a kick out of teens who still want to trick or treat. As long as they are in costume, I'm good w/ it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN