Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you prepare?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

We have parent/teacher conferences coming up soon. Now that the kids have been in school almost 4 weeks and the teachers have a 'handle' on how kids are adjusting, they are scheduling fall conferences.

Do you have a list of questions or things you want to talk about when you go to a conference or do you let the teacher lead the discussion and you just respond?

I have so many things I want to talk about with the teacher but I don't want to seem so pushy  or 'know it all'ish'.

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM
When they were in PS I had tons of.questions and issues each time.

Since we homeschool, but use a charter school, I report what we are doing and how things are going to the teacher each month and she gets to ask me questions.
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I take a note card with questions or concerns because I tend to get sidetracked and forget what I wanted to discuss. I let the teacher do her thing. And then bring up anything on my list that she didn't cover or that I don't fully understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM

With my oldest, I don't have any concerns at all. She has been self-managing her work and the teacher has given her praise for the work she is doing so I'm just going there to see what he has to say.

With my twins, the only questions that I will have is about their reading.  I think they are doing okay but I would like them to improve but I want to see if they are where they are supposed to be and I need to slow my roll or if they are slightly behind and I need to help them. 

calsmom62
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM
usually I don't have questions. i can tell by what is coming home whats going on with them and their progress and now that they are in middle school and high school no more parent conferences.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It depends on which child : )

We usually have a couple of questions w/ ds1, and sometimes w/ dd, but usually not w/ ds2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)