Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What chores does your tween do?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

What chores is your tween responsible for doing each day?

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperLooneyMom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Not each day but
Laundry
Pets
Mow the lawns
Water and care for garden
Trash for collection
Cook dinner
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

He waters the farm animals and helps his dad feed them, does his own laundry, and he makes breakfast every morning for all of us.

mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My 11 y/o feeds the cats every evening. Puts his clothes away weekly, cleans his room, wipes the remote controls and computer key boards down with a Clorox wipe weekly, and helps with the dishes. He also cleans up after himself in general living areas.

My 8 y.o. Cleans his room, waters the plants, helps with dishes, wipes down the dining room and living room tables, and puts away his clothes. He also cleans up after himself in general living areas.

My 19 y.o. Cleans her room, does her own laundry, takes care of her pets (rabbits, fish and turtle) and cleans up after herself in general living areas.

beerabitch69
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM

They take care of the dog (most of the time)

my oldest mows.

They don't really have a lot when school is on. Their main jobs are to focus on their school and football.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Dd (10) is in charge of dusting, recycling, feeding the dog and cleaning bathroom mirrors.

DS2 (13) sweeps n mops guest bathroom and wipes down toilet, unloads the dishwasher, does cat litter.

DS1 (15) takes out the trash (kitchen and cans to curb), cleans counters in guest bathroom, does doogie dookie duty and loads the dishwasher.

They all sort their laundry to be washed and put it away afterward. They know if they need a uniform washed, or specific thing to get clean they can throw a load in any time but I do wash on Fridays so toss it in the sorted piles and I run it through.

Food help: Everyone eats so everyone helps with groceries. Mostly I shop and they all unload the car. I like to put things away. I do ask a different kid each day to help cook as needed.

Everyone helps clear the table before meals, set for dinner, set and clear afterward.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

We don't really have much in the way of set chores to do everyday, but all 3 kids are expected to help out whenever asked.

Ds2 has to put away his clean laundry, keep a clear path from his bedroom door to the bed and window, and set the table. He has also helped empty the dishwasher, wiped down the table, used the weed whacker, vacuumed, and cleaned the outside of the toilet whenever told to.

sonshining
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Picking up his room, cleaning his bathroom (all but tub), recycling, taking out trash, feeding dog. He can do his own laundry but has to jump up on the dryer to get down the laundry soap and dryer sheet, so I usually do it.

sonshining
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Love the wiping remotes and keyboards with a clorox wipe, I'm going to add this to my 10year old ds list. 

Quoting mumsy2three:

My 11 y/o feeds the cats every evening. Puts his clothes away weekly, cleans his room, wipes the remote controls and computer key boards down with a Clorox wipe weekly, and helps with the dishes. He also cleans up after himself in general living areas.

My 8 y.o. Cleans his room, waters the plants, helps with dishes, wipes down the dining room and living room tables, and puts away his clothes. He also cleans up after himself in general living areas.

My 19 y.o. Cleans her room, does her own laundry, takes care of her pets (rabbits, fish and turtle) and cleans up after herself in general living areas.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Keep room clean

Feed pets

load and unlad dishwasher

wash dishes

sweep/vaccum/mop floors

wash dishes

cook dinner

set/clear the table

Put laundry away

tidy up bathroom/livingroom

Make school lunches

And just pickup random things laying around the house.

She is 11.

My 5 yr old has the exact smae chore list with a few differences, like she dries the dishes nightly.

All our chores are done as a family unit.

We all cook dinner nightly together no matter what. We all set and clear the table, we all load and unload the dishwasher.

dd washes the dishes, dd dries them and I put them away.

DD will sweep the kitchen floor and the other one will then mop it, and they rotate and take turns.

Everything gets done quicker and faster and has the same amount of stuff to do. They also get payed weekly for chores. And I give them weekends off from everything but dinner and dishes.

STARRYVONN
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM
All 3 (10,12& 13) mop, vacuum, dishes, take out trash help with laundry, can make their food, take care of their pets., oh and scrub toilets.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN