Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Has your child ever threatened...

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 18 Replies

to run away?

Sometimes Colin gets mad at his sister and tells her "fine, I'll just run away then!".  He's never said this to me and I can't help but crack up whenever he tells his sister this.

Has your child ever threatened to run away?

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Once when she was 3yrs old. Not once since.

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol yeah, when he was about 7. I told him to go ahead then, and he changed his mind rather quickly, and has never threatened to do it since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Not really run away but I've had 2 of my 3 threaten to move in with their grandma, lol.

somuchlove4U
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM
She thinks about it when she is mad sometimes. She has never threatened. I always talk to her about it.
beerabitch69
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

yes, but in all fairness I do too.

Pukalani79
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM

No, I dont think so

calsmom62
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM
i offer to help them pack. and make them a lunch. usually it was around 5-8 yrs old. they dont get very far when they arent allowed to cross the street. eat their picnic. get busy playing. slink in the back door and then we would unpack and talk about it if they were willing.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Well, mine didn't until a teen,

Then he did run away. He ran off om foot from my parent's house, about 40 miles from us, through the high desert, to the highway and hitched a ride (thankfully from a resident we know in my parent's community) into town.

3 hours from the time he disappeared, about the time we were ready to call the Sheriff's dept. I located him at a friemd's house.

Very terrifying! Please dont just laugh it off when your kids make threats!
susannah2000
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Then he did run away. He ran off om foot from my parent's house, about 40 miles from us, through the high desert, to the highway and hitched a ride (thankfully from a resident we know in my parent's community) into town.

3 hours from the time he disappeared, about the time we were ready to call the Sheriff's dept. I located him at a friemd's house.

All young kids have at least thought about running away when they don't get their way. There is alot of difference however between a 5 year old and a teenager. Teens don't usually want to run away because they don't get a piece of candy. This post is about small children wanting to run away, not troubled teens.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM
But when does it start? Sorry, you didn't like my response. Wow!

I'm just giving an example. None of my kids ever threatened to run away as a child. So, in my house, what you thonk is funny and normal...ISN'T it.is something we take seriously.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

All young kids have at least thought about running away when they don't get their way. There is alot of difference however between a 5 year old and a teenager. Teens don't usually want to run away because they don't get a piece of candy. This post is about small children wanting to run away, not troubled teens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)