Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

help teen sex talk and more

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

hi ladies

i need so fast advice....tomorrow after school im taking my stepdaughter whose 13 for ice cream and to once again have a sex talk...we have talked about it before but i need to have a nice long talk with her now. She was caught making out with a boy when she slept over her friends house (by me reading texts and facebook messages) she is so into boys its not even funny. We delete her texts so she knows we read them....i have email and facebook passwords so i do check those too. For every grade that is under 75% (tests...quizes...worksheets etc) her phone/computer gets taken for the day (which her teachers gives them all chance after chance with no homework and will not fail any kids....even with all the bad grades she has A's and B's so my rule is 75% or below i take phone computer for day just so she trys harder than last year) but anyways i dont want her to have friends but im afraid with how she acts and talks (like a slut) to these boys it will end up with sex earlier than later. Shes very sweet (but she lies like theres no tomorrow) i want her to enjoy her teenage years but i dont want to be a grandma lol. We try to let the "leash" go and try to trust her but there has been so many times that we end up pulling back in the leash. I know we cant control everything but she is still only 13. Shes not allowed to just walk around the city shes a kid that needs supervision (she has not gotten into any "real" trouble yet) (and shes not a "bad" kid but she doesnt always make the right decisions) i tell her to have her friends come over her and hang out (im a stay at home mom) but she doesnt want them to she wants to go to her friends houses (she is not allowed to if a parent is not home) (but from what i could tell their parents dont pay that close attention)....any advice on this topic please!!!!!!!! i love her....(ps her biomom is a POS and is not very involved in her life) (we tried consuling but it didnt help)

thanks

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I was going to ask where her BM is, but you answered that at the end.  Does her dad talk to her about sex as well, or does he leave it all up to you?

I'd just keep explaining to her that the behavior is inappropriate and will continue to be dealt with, with harsher punishments if it continues.

tomsjennabean
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM

her dad talks to her but not really about sex.....i have been doing that shes more comfortable talking to me about it (which i dont blame her i still dont talk to either of my parents about sex lmao and im 30 ) i have 3 of my own kids so trying to do more one on one stuff with my stepdaughter is hard cause my husband works late sometimes. even trying to do one on one stuff with my little princess (7) is hard (im home all day with my 3 1/2yr and 2 yr old) but its just really hard im trying my best and we do have set rules in the home and out of the home. I dont know where she is learning her behavior from (she only saw her mom 2 times this whole year) (i try to pay close attention to how i act cause of all the kids in my house i hardly ever swear i dont do drugs and i only have a couple drinks after the kids are in bed. i just feel lost and the teen years just started ahhhhhhhhh

PoliteisRight
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I know it is so uncomforatble talking about sex, but it is som important.  I gave my daughter a few books, and we also talked about it.  If we don't talk to them, who will?

Quoting tomsjennabean:

her dad talks to her but not really about sex.....i have been doing that shes more comfortable talking to me about it (which i dont blame her i still dont talk to either of my parents about sex lmao and im 30 ) i have 3 of my own kids so trying to do more one on one stuff with my stepdaughter is hard cause my husband works late sometimes. even trying to do one on one stuff with my little princess (7) is hard (im home all day with my 3 1/2yr and 2 yr old) but its just really hard im trying my best and we do have set rules in the home and out of the home. I dont know where she is learning her behavior from (she only saw her mom 2 times this whole year) (i try to pay close attention to how i act cause of all the kids in my house i hardly ever swear i dont do drugs and i only have a couple drinks after the kids are in bed. i just feel lost and the teen years just started ahhhhhhhhh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)