Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Xbox

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 11 yr old dd is asking for an Xbox for Christmas. She wants Minecraft.  I don't have any experience with this gaming system since we have a Wii. I know the games are more realistic, but are there good games that girls like that aren't violent? I also heard that Xbox One is coming out next month for  {choke} $499.

Any opinions/advice about Xbox would be helpful.

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youonlyliveonce
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM

too funny... I spent a good hour on line this am looking into this myself.  My 11 yr old dd and 8 yr son want this xbox and of course minecraft.   I am looking into the xbox 360.  There seems to be some good deals out there esp thru walmart.  I have been told not to go with the xbox one yet... as it is new.. you cant use prior games on this version (no that we have any) but alos....let it be out for a while before one knows if it is any good. 

The xbox 360 with kinect is been rated well and recommended. I've been also told to save cash.. by the kinect refurbished....   still looking to see best deals.. to wait for black friday deals or just buy now...  In term of games... i am hoping you get some good replies.  I only know about minecraft and Just Dance versions... supoosed to be good.    

Roo1234
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM
minecraft is now available for computers.
mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM

We have this already. But my 11 yr old and 8 yr old can't play multiplayer on it.

Quoting Roo1234:

Roo1234
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
ahh...I will tell you the Xbox version didn't have quite as many options...I don't know all the details but I've heard my son and one of his friends talking about the differences. they actually like the computer version better

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

We have this already. But my 11 yr old and 8 yr old can't play multiplayer on it.

Quoting Roo1234:

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Anyone know what an "older model xbox" is and if it would play minecraft game?

calsmom62
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM
minecraft isnt violent. its pretty creative.
tcfla
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM

my son says XBOX is the best.  He is 19.  I don't know if that helps.  There are all types of games no matter what game system you buy. 

mjande4
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

My boys purchase almost all of their XBox games through Xbox Live.  They also prefer the computer version of Minecraft.

Barabell
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Anyone know what an "older model xbox" is and if it would play minecraft game?

Check out Gamestop or Pawn America. A used system should be pretty cheap, and they'll get even cheaper when the new model comes out soon. You can currently buy a refurbished Xbox as cheap at $130 at Gamestop right now. If they want to do the multi player, they will probably need a Xbox Live Gold account, and that's around $60 a year.

The current Xbox 360 does play Minecraft. My son prefers to play it on the computer though.

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Passing on the Amazon Deal for today only (10/28/13) $239 for a 250GB Xbox 360E WITH Kinect and 3 games I asked a friend of mine that is a xbox gamer, and he said the Xbox 360 should still last a while b/c most hardcore gamers are the ones early on who will drop $500 bucks on a xbox one.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Kinect-Holiday-Bundle/dp/B00FATRKLI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382985217&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+holiday+bundle  

Quoting youonlyliveonce:

too funny... I spent a good hour on line this am looking into this myself.  My 11 yr old dd and 8 yr son want this xbox and of course minecraft.   I am looking into the xbox 360.  There seems to be some good deals out there esp thru walmart.  I have been told not to go with the xbox one yet... as it is new.. you cant use prior games on this version (no that we have any) but alos....let it be out for a while before one knows if it is any good. 

The xbox 360 with kinect is been rated well and recommended. I've been also told to save cash.. by the kinect refurbished....   still looking to see best deals.. to wait for black friday deals or just buy now...  In term of games... i am hoping you get some good replies.  I only know about minecraft and Just Dance versions... supoosed to be good.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)