Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Kids in our bedroom

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

I need some advice... 14 yo DS snoops in our bedroom. How do I know? Because we keep some higher end chocolate on the dresser just for ourselves and I found empty wrappers in his room. Although it bugs me that he takes our good stuff, the bedroom is where we keep the naughty books and toys "of a personal nature" and we have LOTS. 

When we leave him home, we always close our bedroom door, but it doesn't lock. So do we start locking it (a real pain to have to use a key to get into one's own bedroom), call him on it or what? My DH says he did the same thing at that age and I guess I recall doing the same thing.

I did see the irony in finding the candy wrappers because I was in his room, but the rule in iur house is that the parents snoop everywhere(room, FB account, phone, etc) and we don't keep that a secret?

what do you think?

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
calsmom62
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM
keep the adult toys locked up in a box under your bed
as for the choc. just give him his own secret stash.
beerabitch69
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM

this is what we did.  I will never forget when they found the toys.  "umm MOOOOM?" haha lord above.

good luck.

Quoting calsmom62:

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I agree with this.  

Quoting calsmom62:

stringtheory
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I remember looking for something in the parent's room when I was a tween and stumbling across some kinky panties and a pair of "love cuffs." I giggled, thought "ew" and went about my day. Are you worried that he'll be bothered or take things? Because honestly, I don't know how much effort I would put into keeping dd out of our room...we just stash the adult gear in non-descript places to avoid making it too intriguing...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)