Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Daughters best friends mom doesnt like me or my daughter

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 6 Replies
My daughters best friends mom doesn't like me for some reason and doesn't like my daughter. She is very nice to my daughter (who i will call kim) but will not allow her daughter to call or have any contact with kim except at school. She will not answer Kim's phone calls or texts. Kim and her best friend constantly make plans to get together and go places but it never materializes. When I pick up Kim from school I hear her and her friend say call me when you get home. They obviously want to be friends.

I keep encouraging Kim to make other friends and not to call or text her best friend but she just doesn't understand why I keep saying this. Its gotten to a point that I will not allow Kim to call or text her friend and this creates a lot of anger and frustration for Kim. Kim then gets mad at me and we usually argue.

Kim and her friend are both 9 years old so she is too young to understand what is really going on or to see her friends moms behaviors. She just thinks her friend is busy all the time but hasn't put it together that her friends mom doesn't want them to be friends. Kim will sneak calls and texts to her friend but her calls are never answered. She may be too young to understand what's going on but she's too old to be making a fool of herself pursueing this friendship.

I never had words with the mom. She is polite to me and will talk but will not give in and let the girls be friends. I don't know what she has against me or Kim. But this situation is getting out of control. Daily Kim tries to call or text her friend and daily I have to tell her no. This is creating too much tension between us.

I honestly don't know how to handle this dilemma. I don't know what to tell kim as to why she is not allowed to contact her friend. And I don't know how to stop her from sneaking calls and texts to her friend. This is really concerning me and is beginning to anger me. If anyone has any suggestions please help. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom. I'm looking forward to hearing from some of you moms....Thank you moms!!!!
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
calsmom62
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
you cant make the mom like you or your dd. but you can make rules. enjoy her company at school. no plans unless it goes through both parents. is it the mither who wint answer your. dds calls or twxts or the girl ? if uts the girl then explAin to your dd that after a couple if unanswered calls or texts the other person is sending the implied message if dont text or call me. and that you quickly become a pest and adults can get arrested for harassment for the same behavior.
beerabitch69
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

thats weird. She sounds like a bitch. Sorry.

I am sorry foir "kim", that sucks that she has such a close friend and she cant be with her. 

mjande4
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM

It may have NOTHING to do with your daughter or you.  The other mother may simply not let the BFF hang out with anyone.  Don't assume.  Frankly, your daughter is old enough to ask the other girl why she can't get together and she should.  I would tell your daughter that until she asks why plans never materialize to stop asking to call/text.

juno1
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM

What about simply having a conversation with the other mom and asking her if there is some reason she is upset with you.  It may be some kind of weird misunderstanding.  You have nothing to lose..

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I agree you should talk to the Mom. Find out what the story is.
susannah2000
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Why don't you talk to the other mother and find out what is going on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN