Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Boyfriend?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

My daugher is 13 and just got her first boyfriend....Shes a very young looking 13 and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Thoughts?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

First be careful with posts like this SOME women on here will rake you over the coals for this.

I think as long as you and your dd keep talking, things will be okay. Make sure you refresh/ have the sex talk with her. Also remind her to stay in touch with her friends and stay on top of her school work.

beerabitch69
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I don't care.  Some one here will think you are failing her.

momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Bump  If my rules were followed I wouldnt mind.

elsters4
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

As long as you monitor the relationship closely, keep open communication with her, guide her, make sure she follows the rules, etc. then it should be fine. I agree with PP to remind her to stay in touch with her friends, stay on top of her schoolwork, and refresh the sex talk.

Stay involved and it'll work out!

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I agree with this.  I also doubt the relationship will last very long, they rarely do at this age.

Quoting embrigmom:

I think as long as you and your dd keep talking, things will be okay. Make sure you refresh/ have the sex talk with her. Also remind her to stay in touch with her friends and stay on top of her school work.

kerri1205
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM

This is how kids learn to deal with the opposite sex in another way.  My son has had a couple of girlfriends (he is 12).  One acutally lasted 5 months, but it was cute.  They mostly just texted and did things with groups of friends.  I monitored texts constantly and they never went any where alone.  It is not necessarily what I would have chosen for him (as far as age to say he has a girlfriend), but it was a cute relationship that taught him some things.  It is all a process and everyone has their opinions on it - my opinion is to enjoy it, but keep an eye on it too!

Barabell
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM

How do you define a boyfriend at that age? At my son's middle school, he would define a girlfriend as someone that they hold hands with around the school, sit together at lunch, and might text each other outside of school. I would consider that normal for this age.

I would not agree to dating yet.

My son is now 14, and he still hasn't had a girlfriend yet.

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM

My 11 year old "has" a girlfriend, she is 10. Of course the only time they see each other is Thursday and Friday at the Science and Math club and they only get to talk on the phone for 30 minutes 2 times a week.

STG3kids1mom
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Why can't they talk longer?? DD12s boyfriend is allowed over anytime and they can talk all they want on the phone

Quoting waytomanykids10:

My 11 year old "has" a girlfriend, she is 10. Of course the only time they see each other is Thursday and Friday at the Science and Math club and they only get to talk on the phone for 30 minutes 2 times a week.

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Because they are 10 and 11, they don't need more time then that.

Quoting STG3kids1mom:

Why can't they talk longer?? DD12s boyfriend is allowed over anytime and they can talk all they want on the phone

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN