Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Kids and Life's Realities

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
Growing up I clearly remember the first time I realized parents were mortal--my dad had a serious heart attack when I was 6. this big strong man who could swing me up in the air now had to be a little more careful, there were suddenly pill bottles around and he always had a brown glass bottle of nitro pills with him all the time. I was lucky to have 12 more yrs with him but I often worried if he would be there when I got home from school or what would happen if he had a heart attack while driving. today our life got a bit of a shakeup when dh srarted having chest pains---- I ran him to the hospital. and spent most of the day in the Er watching machines blip. the kids waited at home worried. and there just wasnt anything to tell them for hours. finally they got him into a regular room so I ran hime got the kids and a toothbrush for hubby and took tbem to see him. kids were very quiet.Im not sure they believed us that he would be ok and they kept him for observation and some tests. Update...dh is getting a contrast catheterization tomorrow to determine any blockages. Kids are still quiet about it. I took them outside and we worked in the lawn. raking and bagging leaves to keep them busy. I hate maple trees lol.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, that must have been so scary, especially after what happened with your dad.  (((hug)))

friendlymom5
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My prayers are with you.
Khanfan
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Hi, did the tests help the Dr. to know what's up with the heart ?  Sorry you are going through this.  My DH has a Cardio Myopathy. It became a problem when DD was under two yrs old, her brothers were teens by that time.  I'll be thinking of your fam, keep in touch when you can.

calsmom62
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
thanks. yes he ended up having a a fully blocked right aorta and they put a stent in. Fortunately no bypass!! but a lot if meds and diet and exercise change now. He isnt overweight so that was good. the dr said he is a lottery winner in the genetics dept fir heart disease.

Quoting Khanfan:

Hi, did the tests help the Dr. to know what's up with the heart ?  Sorry you are going through this.  My DH has a Cardio Myopathy. It became a problem when DD was under two yrs old, her brothers were teens by that time.  I'll be thinking of your fam, keep in touch when you can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN