Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Contraceptives for Teens?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 36 Replies

Would you provide your teen son with condoms?

Would you put your teen daughter on the pill?

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom5
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Both my dd are on deposhot. They are 16 And 18.
pattya925
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, of course if he was sexually active, I would want him to engage in safer sex.

pattya925
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Do they use condoms as well??

Quoting friendlymom5:

sonshining
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this

NO AND NO

momma-of-three3
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. Teens have sex. It's a given. I'd rather then be protected.
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I would provide condoms. I don't agree with premarital sex, and my kid knows that, but I am aware that believing that he will definitely wait is a bit naive. There is a good chance that he won't wait. I want him to be safe.
I don't think I would put my daughter on the pill unless she was insistent. I would definitely provide condoms though. Girls who are on the pill or another form of birth control (besides condoms) are statistically much more likely to contract an std, since they often feel like they don't need to use condoms since they're on other birth control. They're more likely to give in to pressure to have sex without a condom as well. I'm also not wild about the use of hormones to prevent conception. I think it can really mess with a girl's body, and I am definitely against the depo shot because of personal experience with it. I realize that a lot of women take them without any trouble, but it just isn't a risk I would be willing to take. I honestly feel like the depo shot seriously affected my fertility. I never had nearly so much trouble with my cycle until after I started the depo shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
16 dd is a virgin but on just in case and has condoms. 18 dd uses condoms as well.

Quoting pattya925:

Do they use condoms as well??

Quoting friendlymom5:

jojo_star
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Yes and yes.
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

umm yes. You are stupid if  you don't

Mickshelle15
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM

My boys are 25, 22 and 19. I've always provided them with the education & condoms they needed (and still need) to ensure that they are safe. 

My daughter is going to be 13 in a few days. And I would totally put her on the pill.

My Mom did not with me or my other 5 brothers & sisters. She did not believe in pre-marital sex and she still does not til this very day. 

She's always said 'Putting teens on the pill or giving them condoms tells them it's okay to have sex.'

I hear ya, Ma, but I know how my children were educated in sex. I've educated them MYSELF to know. So, sure, I will give them whatever they need. No, I am not giving them permission to have sex, but I am making sure that they are protected. 

Because whether we provide them with what they need, they're still going to have sex. Regardless.

Quoting Mickshelle15:

Would you provide your teen son with condoms?

Would you put your teen daughter on the pill?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)