Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

should I let my tween have a bra?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 35 Replies
My ten year old daughter has been bugging me to get her a bra, you know like a training bra and my first reaction was no because she doesn't need one and I don'twant to encourage her to become sexualised or grow up too soon but am I being mean by saying no and should I let her have a bra?
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not? It won't hurt anything.
kaseyd211
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I guess not just think that it will make her over sexualised too soon and I guess most of it is that I don't want her to grow up
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I don't think a bra will make her over sexualized. Especially a training bra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM

My 8 year old is going to be getting training bras here really soon so I don't think 10 is to young.

kaseyd211
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Ok thanks
joschmidt
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My 9 yr old wears one. She has been wearing them regularly since the summer. I don't think it will oversexualize her. Just get her the sport cut or regular training bras.

Some of the training bras out there are insane. So I see where you're coming from. Good luck. :)
chandlerjsmom
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:01 AM
My 10 year old wears a bra sometimes. They are usually little sports bras but she has a couple of training bras. I don't think they sexualize her but then it is hard to look at her Hello Kitty or Angry Birds set and see it. :) I also wanted her to be comfortable with her bodys changes and comfortable talking to me about them and didn't want me saying no constantly to overrule that.
momma-of-three3
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:08 AM
My dds got their first bras at 8-9. My 14 year old is still an aa cup but it made her feel better having one. A training bra isn't sexual at all. Lol.
kaseyd211
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Okay its probably just me not wanting my baby to grow up
catngabsmom
by Erica on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

oversexualized doesn't happen with a training bra, that happens with the clothing that goes over the bra and the sense of self worth she is given through her upbringing!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)