I am rearrangin and redoing chore lists for my boys who are 9 and 12. I am taking a few ideas from a few different blogs I have read and tweaking it to my liking.
First the boys will have their base chores(their sister is included in this she is only 4), these chores are to been done everyday.
Base Chores are Keeping their end of the house cleaned up since they are the only ones that use that end and dirty that end, which includes:
- cleaning their room(making bed, picking up and putting things in their places, removing trash, sweep, mop a couple times a week)
- cleaning their bathroom(wiping down counters, removing dirty laundry, empty trash can, sweep, mop a couple times a week)
- cleaning their hallway(sweep, mop couple times a week, pick up/put away clutter
- Dogs walked, fed, and watered
- Taking out/ Bring in trash cans and recycling bins
Then the boys will have chores that are in the common areas we all share and there will be a schedule, who does what on what day and the pay for it, I am a little up in the air as to what I should pay them for each chore.
These chores include, pay is in red:
- Kitchen/Dining Room-includes washing dishes, cleaning counters, cleaning stove, sweeping, cleaning table, drying and putting away dishes $1 or 2
- Living Room-includes sweeping, removing items that don't belong, cleaning under furniture $1
- Mopping-only a couple 3 times a week .25
- Baseboards- twice 3 times a week .25
- Dusting-twice 3 times a week .25
- Shaking out rugs 3 times a week .25
- Sweeping front and back porches .25
Then we have a hire mom to do it chores, which will include:
- Cleaning the kitchen for them on their day, price will be double whatever I decide to pay them if they do it.
- Doing their laundry, they do not get paid to do their laundry, but I will do it for them for a small fee:Wash and Dry-$2, Fold-$1, Put Away-$1
Now that is a lot to take in and now here is the question:I want them to also have a weekly "job" that they get paid for. Now my 12 year old mows the yard, so I was thinking that would be his "job" and I could pay him $5 to $10 bucks a week for that.
Now my 9 year old I am not sure what "job" to give him, maybe weeding and picking up trash and cleaning the yard? What are some ideas that would be good for a 9 year old that is hard but not impossible?
Oh and any input on prices for things I mentioned would be good as well.
Thank you sorry so long!!