Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Snow Day!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
yesterday the kids went back to school but at 1130 am the town announced school would be closed Friday--impending snowstorm. I had taken Thurs and Frid off to get things done while they were in school. Murphys Law.
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Murphy strikes again, huh?  lol

I hope they are enjoying their snow day and you're still able to get a few things accomplished.

calsmom62
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM
I did get a few things done,and the kuds have enjoyed an extra day of gaming

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Murphy strikes again, huh?  lol

I hope they are enjoying their snow day and you're still able to get a few things accomplished.

Shell89
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We were Suppouse to go back yesterday but ended up having yesterday and today off because of snow.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine haven't gone back yet- they are supposed to on Mon. We're to get a lot of snow on Sun, though, and have highs in the negative numbers Mon and Tues, so we'll see if they actually go back or have break extended a day or 2.

calsmom62
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:15 PM
we apparently are slated to get rain in sunday or monday so we need to clean all this snow from the roof. ill be glad to see warmer temps. good luck with your snowstorm!

Quoting wakymom:

Mine haven't gone back yet- they are supposed to on Mon. We're to get a lot of snow on Sun, though, and have highs in the negative numbers Mon and Tues, so we'll see if they actually go back or have break extended a day or 2.

mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope you had a good day off.

We went back to school on Thursday and had a snow day Friday. We have more bad weather headed our way Monday so we may have yet another delay or closing .

calsmom62
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM
thats what happened to our school too. thurs on. frid off. today was -15 in the am now about 20 above. but they say it will be warm enough to rain Monday.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Hope you had a good day off.

We went back to school on Thursday and had a snow day Friday. We have more bad weather headed our way Monday so we may have yet another delay or closing .

catngabsmom
by Erica on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

UGH!!!!!! We started break with a snow day due to an ice storm that  left most of the area without power for almost a week, now we are in the midst of Snowmageddon 2014 and expecting 12-15 inches by late sunday night, with sub-arctic temps through next week. Rumor has it my kids will be out till at leastThursday! Our district covers 90sq miles and 80% of them are dirt roads, they are already in rough shape from the ice storm, our busses use bio-diesel and they have been sitting idle since December 19th! This is like the Xmas break that will never end!!!

calsmom62
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM
I went to school in a rural district like yours ( on a dirt road )-- hope your kids get to school soon!!!!!

Quoting catngabsmom:

UGH!!!!!! We started break with a snow day due to an ice storm that  left most of the area without power for almost a week, now we are in the midst of Snowmageddon 2014 and expecting 12-15 inches by late sunday night, with sub-arctic temps through next week. Rumor has it my kids will be out till at leastThursday! Our district covers 90sq miles and 80% of them are dirt roads, they are already in rough shape from the ice storm, our busses use bio-diesel and they have been sitting idle since December 19th! This is like the Xmas break that will never end!!!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:12 PM

They had a snow/wind chill day yesterday and today. Haven't heard yet about tomorrow.

I love my kids dearly, but I need that big yellow angel to come take them back to school!

ETA: Just saw it posted on tv that they are off again. I know it's best b/c of the roads, but ARGH!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN