Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Pink by Victoria's Secret?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 32 Replies
Would you let your middle school daughter wear the Pink brand? It's marketed to College women and I was surprised to see a girl wearing pants from the line when I picked my son up the other day.
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NYCitymomx3
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM

My dds (now 20 & 17) have always worn PINK stuff since they could fit into it - probably around 11-12 y/o.  What's the issue?  It's sweatshirts and sweatpants.  

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this
I just feel like since the brand itself is marketed for older people and is very sexual. Not the sweats. The branding. I don't have a problem if people buy it for their daughters. I was just wondering. I'm very conservative that's all.

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

My dds (now 20 & 17) have always worn PINK stuff since they could fit into it - probably around 11-12 y/o.  What's the issue?  It's sweatshirts and sweatpants.  

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm with you on that one. I honestly don't wear things with that type of brand name on them where it's visible myself, because the marketing is so sexual. I definitely wouldn't let a child wear it. People see or hear Victoria's Secret, and the first thing that they associate with it is "sexy", which is fine in some circumstances, and I love a lot of their products, but young girls shouldn't be thought of as sexy or wear anything that is marketed as sexy imo. It's the marketing, not the clothing itself that makes it inappropriate.

Quoting StephanieSH: I just feel like since the brand itself is marketed for older people and is very sexual. Not the sweats. The branding. I don't have a problem if people buy it for their daughters. I was just wondering. I'm very conservative that's all.

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:34 PM

My oldest dd will be 16 in a month.  She has a ton of PINK stuff.  She think I started letting her wear it when she was a freshman.  I think it looks silly on little girls.  

I won't let my 11 yo dd wear it yet, but a lot of the girls at her MS wear it.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I work at a middle school, I see a lot of girls wearing Pink clothes. If I had a girl I wouldn't let her wear Pink until she was in high school.
psych_mom
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I think she would have to wait until she is at least in high school.

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

No I would not. But I see other middle schoolers wearing that PINK brand. SMH

indy79
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM
I don't have a middle schooler, but no, I wouldn't.
irishrose13
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I associate Victoria's Secret with sexy.
gonecrazi
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Nope...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN