Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I'd rather buy cookie dough

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
ds comes home with a fundraiser. first 80 kids to get $250 cash will ride a party bus to a venue and get a mystery prize. oooooohhhhh. tantrum follows because Im not writing a check and not letting him accost neighbors for a cash fundraiser. seriously a stupid fundraiser.
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM

What?!?!?!?  They want your child to beg money from family, friends, and neighbors and the donors get nothing in exchange for the cash that they fork over?  I don't think so!  I'm with you, bring on the cookie dough.  I really don't mind selling food items for fund raisers because everyone eats and the food isn't junking up your house.

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest had a fundraiser like that for the basketball team! They were each required to raise 200$ in donations in order to be on the team. I had never heard of schools having kids do fundraisers like that before! I would rather buy cookie dough too! I actually miss the days when they sold candy bars for 1$! They used to sell 500-600$ worth of candy bars each time, and now my six year old brings home these catalogs with stupid stuff in them and crazy prices, like 10$ for a microwave plate cover and 10$ for a roll of wrapping paper! Nobody wants that stuff! He only sold like 25$ worth of stuff, and that was from my mom because she felt sorry for him! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
And even walkathons or something where people sponsor them are better than just asking for money!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I would rather buy cookie dough to.
calsmom62
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:11 AM
this includes a three on three tourney for basketball too. I agree the catalogs of junk are annoying.

Quoting Zamaria: My oldest had a fundraiser like that for the basketball team! They were each required to raise 200$ in donations in order to be on the team. I had never heard of schools having kids do fundraisers like that before! I would rather buy cookie dough too! I actually miss the days when they sold candy bars for 1$! They used to sell 500-600$ worth of candy bars each time, and now my six year old brings home these catalogs with stupid stuff in them and crazy prices, like 10$ for a microwave plate cover and 10$ for a roll of wrapping paper! Nobody wants that stuff! He only sold like 25$ worth of stuff, and that was from my mom because she felt sorry for him! Lol!
calsmom62
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Yes!!! totally agree. this is all about a party bus lol.

Quoting Zamaria: And even walkathons or something where people sponsor them are better than just asking for money!
calsmom62
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Yup. they want them to beg. the money is going to the general pto fund for "various" projects.

Quoting steelcrazy:

What?!?!?!?  They want your child to beg money from family, friends, and neighbors and the donors get nothing in exchange for the cash that they fork over?  I don't think so!  I'm with you, bring on the cookie dough.  I really don't mind selling food items for fund raisers because everyone eats and the food isn't junking up your house.

MomFantastic
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM

We were told we could write a check for $20 directly instead of doing fundraisers. WORTH IT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN