Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you keep track of you tweens cycle?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
  • 19 Replies

As teenager I noticed that a few of friends' mothers kept track of thier cycle for them. Do you? Why? I can see maybe one or two advatages to this. But I kinda feel like its an invasion of privacy.

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I only have boys, so I don't have this worry.  However, my mother never kept track of my cycle for me.  If they don't learn how to keep track of it now, they most likely never will and that can be problematic as they get older.  If you want to keep track for your own peace of mind, still teach your daughter how to do it and have her keep track on her own also.  It is really easy now with the aps out there, nothing like having your own personal calendar to track those things like we had to back in the day.

scapermom
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Mine just started a few months back (she's 11). I showed her how and did check her calendar the first few months, but now she's on her own. She had an issue with her first where it lasted over 10 days, so I've been concerned for that & do ask her if she's keeping track & if she still has it, since I'll have to bring her back to the doctor if it continues to be long.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I did keep track of my daughter's cycle when she first started and still do.  I do it more for purposes of knowing when to buy her pads, knowing why she's feeling off or having migraines/cramps, etc than for any other reason.  She's pretty open about stuff like this anyway though.

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I do. It's not so much of an invasion of privacy considering it might save your dd from some humiliating embarassment!

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

to add to my most recent reply..dd has the WEIRDEST ass cycle ever! one month it will be like 5-6 days , the next month it will be like 10 days then in another 12 days it will start all over again. SO I keep track for her because Christ  is this shit confusing!

TGOLD1
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't keep track of it, but I know it comes 1 week before mine.

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Actually, both dd and I lost track of ot both of  ours(i'm semi menopausal). DD was going to a sleepover Sat nite. Saturday morning I discovered that I am beginning to start my cycle. DD's is the same day or just the day  after mine, so I sent her back to her room to get supplies to take to the sleepover (just in case). Turns out she awoke Sunday morning to AF. I'm glad I track this shit....could've been really embarrasing she was with her BF and her little brother at their father's house (divorced family). Can you imagine not having any female supplies around when you need them and you're at a home that has no female in it? GODDESS!   Thankd Goddess I sent her to get her supplies before she left Sat. nite! Whew! saved!

catngabsmom
by Erica on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I track my dd's, but only because when she says she has "cramps" and can't go to school, I'll know if it really is cramps or she just doesn't want to go to school!
tinybluemoon
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM

I don't need to. Hers starts within a day or two of mine.

awbredux
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:46 AM

I don't put it on my calendar or anything like that, but I keep it in mind.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)