Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Middle School Graduation

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM
  • 16 Replies
If you have an 8th grader will he/she be having a Middle School Graduation?
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I don't have an eighth grader, but the middle schools in my county don't have a "graduation" or "ceremony" for the students moving on to high school.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I have a 5th grader and we had a "promotion ceremony".  I think that is what our 8th grade ceremony is called as well. 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I don't have one now, but I did last yr. They get an 8th grade party, but no graduation.

I had one, and remember thinking it was ridiculous.

mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:25 PM

My 6th grader will be entering middle school in the fall (7th and 8th grade here). Both of the district's 4-6 grade elementary buildings have a "promotion/awards" ceremony for the 6th graders. No 8th grade ceremony that I am aware of.

princessmom2005
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Where I live, the 6th graders have a graduation ceremony at the end of the year before they
transfer to the high school to start 7th grade in September.
awbredux
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM

My older daughter also had a promotion ceremony last year, when she finshed 5th grade, as the younger will year after next.  (How can they be that old?!!)  I think the middle school has something similar.  

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I don't have an 8th grader this year (7th currently) but they will be having one when she's in 8th(unless they "run out of money" for them like the 6th and 7th graders this year.   I feel if maybe the school didn't take 15 field trips (just from the music dept alone..maybe the 6th and 7th graders could have had a ceremony too this year.   Arbutus Middle School , Arbutus, Md 21227,  Baltimore County Public Schools..

What a tragedy to be in BCPS!!! Wish I had money to move!

Diaperstodating...pm me...you gotta hear this shit!.....

mjande4
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:43 PM

No and the very idea of calling anything a "graduation" prior to high school and college is ridiculous in my opinion. 

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I don't have an 8th grader but I know the school does a moving up cermoney and dance for the 8th graders.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Ours are called "promotion ceremony"

Quoting mjande4:

No and the very idea of calling anything a "graduation" prior to high school and college is ridiculous in my opinion. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN