Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Penpal Ideas...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, 

Has anyone here thought about penpal-ing for our tweens?

Its a bit of a lost art these days.  I know that I really enjoyed it growing up and noticed that teachers don't really push it much where I am from.  Hope to hear from you all!

Dana

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PartyOfCuatro
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I was looking into this too.  I think it will help both kids with their writing skills.  

i have asked them to write fan mail to someone,  my ds chose Dez Bryant and my dd chose Ariana Grande.  We plan to mail at end of week. 

reptilequeen
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

my 5 and 11 year old love having penpals. I got them penpals from the elementary school kids group(they have a HUGE post there).  Hopefully this one takes off too!

mrslongtoes
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM
I am looking for snail mail pen pals for my kids also. 11 year old girl prefer girl also. And 13 year old boy prefer boy also.
rachelanne312
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is 11, going into middle school in 2 weeks, would absolutely love a penpal for snail mail!!  Tried the other penpal link .... nothing yet.  Please respond if anyone would like a penpal for your 11 year old daughter, going into 6th grade.  My daughter's name is Elizabeth, we live in Colorado, she is sweet, sensitive, and caring.  Also very artistic & creative!  She enjoys acting, drawing, painting, reading, monster high dolls, comics, etc. 

mama_lively
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM
My son is 10 and penpals
katiebug840204
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:29 PM
My daughter has 2 pen pals and loves pen paling with them!
LovlyRita
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:01 AM
My kids write to their school friends over the summer. My tween's BFF has been in Germany all summer so it's been fun to get her postcards.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN