Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

[Sleepover] Birthday Party Rules

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
My daughter is turning 13 on the 17th of this month.  I'm allowing her to invite 10 girls who may all be sleeping over (if their parents let them) on the 18th, since her birthday is on a Thursday.  What sort of basic ground rules should I set for the party and sleepover?

Amy
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Calebsmom95
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:33 PM
Go to bed by midnight.  That is all I can think of.
Abomnablesnogrl
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Quoting Calebsmom95:

Ha ha!  We let 'em stay up all night if they want to, they just can't be crabby in the morning when I roust them up at 8:30!  (Nobody ever makes it past 1:30.)

We regularly have extra kids on our floor on the weekends, so.....Our sleep-over rules?  No nail polish on my carpet.  No "rude" music, don't crank the volume so high the neighbors can hear it.  If you're gonna watch movies, fine, my daughter knows what she can and can't watch.  They can eat and drink in the living room, but I better not step in anything or find anything under the couch.  If they make a mess, they have to clean it up.

"What's in an elephant's trunk?"

Greenfairy86
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:41 PM
Only oked music, preapproved movies, no being overly loud, no blaring music. The same basic rules a house would normally have.
Abomnablesnogrl
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:44 PM
Oh, I forgot.  No tormenting the little sister! 

"What's in an elephant's trunk?"

luvinmygrls
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Quoting Abomnablesnogrl:

Quoting Calebsmom95:

Ha ha!  We let 'em stay up all night if they want to, they just can't be crabby in the morning when I roust them up at 8:30!  (Nobody ever makes it past 1:30.)

We regularly have extra kids on our floor on the weekends, so.....Our sleep-over rules?  No nail polish on my carpet.  No "rude" music, don't crank the volume so high the neighbors can hear it.  If you're gonna watch movies, fine, my daughter knows what she can and can't watch.  They can eat and drink in the living room, but I better not step in anything or find anything under the couch.  If they make a mess, they have to clean it up.
My oldest has been having sleep overs since she was 5 and all these rules are about the same as what we have! they work out great!
Toni
bcameron85
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 4:35 PM
My daughter has been having sleepovers since she was 6 and she is now 9.  The older they get, the more attitude they have.  Remind her that just because her friends are there doesn't mean she gets to treat you with any less respect then she normally does.  You are still the parent. 

Stick to the basics.

Have fun! 

vtmommyof2bratz
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 7:11 AM
lmao you have never had my kids - they are up til 3 , 4 or 5 in the morning almost every night! i gave up rules when we had sleepovers but wwe havent had one in quite awhile
Quoting Abomnablesnogrl:

Quoting Calebsmom95:

Go to bed by midnight. That is all I can think of.

Ha ha! We let 'em stay up all night if they want to, they just can't be crabby in the morning when I roust them up at 8:30! (Nobody ever makes it past 1:30.)

We regularly have extra kids on our floor on the weekends, so.....Our sleep-over rules? No nail polish on my carpet. No "rude" music, don't crank the volume so high the neighbors can hear it. If you're gonna watch movies, fine, my daughter knows what she can and can't watch. They can eat and drink in the living room, but I better not step in anything or find anything under the couch. If they make a mess, they have to clean it up.

jbean3
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM
We had sleepovers at our house for my daugters birthday a few times.   The only thing I told them was to respect each other and if for whatever reason someone wanted to go home, no problem...

Just keep in mind that being with each other that long, there will be some bickering....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN