Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7th Grade has been a great year for her!

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just wanted to share, but it really seems that 7th grade has been a great year for dd. In 6th grade she struggled was failing math and it took a lot of extra work for her to pass and well she hated going to school, we fought every morning about her getting up and going.

7th grade has been a huge differance! She palyed Girls Modified Soccer for the school (had to wait till 7th grade, because the school doesn't allow 6th graders to join school teams) and she has worked her butt off at school and her grades have showen it. She hasn't gotten below an 80 in any of her classes. She was on Honor Roll for the first 3 marking periods (we're in the 4th now) She has been asked by teachers to tutor other students.  I'm so proud of her she has really rocked it this year! She's already making a study plan for her finals (they're in June) Her goal in to play for the JV Soccer team next year. She is mapping out her plan for working out and practicing during the summer and plans for keeping up with her school work during the next school year.

by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
scapermom
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:36 AM

That's great!

My daughter is also in 7th & is doing great in school as far as grades go (honor roll all marking periods so far & picked as student of the marking period in several classes).

But the funny thing is, she's complaining more than any other year that she doesn't want to go. She's stressed and I believe mostly due to one teacher. I've been to see & emailed her several times, with few if any results.

Since dds doing well grade wise I haven't escalated it to the Principal or guidance counselor. But this teacher just doesn't have her act together & is stressed and the kids are feeling it as well. I found out recently she's pregnant, and was hoping she would be leaving before the end of the year, but that's not happening.

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:47 AM

That's great!

awbredux
by Allie on May. 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Great news!   She seems to be finding herself.  Sounds like her mom has done a great job, too! Terrific she's making plans for finals and next year.  I have 7th-grader also, who's had a great year and is looking forward to 8th.   

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

It's so nice to have her looking forward to a school year! 

Quoting awbredux:

Great news!   She seems to be finding herself.  Sounds like her mom has done a great job, too! Terrific she's making plans for finals and next year.  I have 7th-grader also, who's had a great year and is looking forward to 8th.   

bluelola
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Yay, congrats!!  It's been the same here, my son started middle school this year and he has had a stellar year in grade 7.  Great teachers thoughout the year (except for some subs) and he is enjoying school again.  I actually was starting to hate his elementary school and could hardly wait for him to get out of there (even though I volunteered regularly).  His grades are awesome, his teachers are positive for the most part and his confidence has gone up.  He's turning 13 soon and he's a pretty happy well adjusted kid.  

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great! 

We've also had a good year. My adhd girl went from remedial to gifted. She's making lists to get her work done at home and her twin is now having to ask her some about the classwork. A little maturity make a big difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)