Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bicycles

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:58 AM
  • 32 Replies

What type of bicycle does your child or children have? 

How old were they when you took the training wheels off?

Image result for bart simpson on a bike

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccer711
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM

My daughter has a Disney princess bike that she's actually a little too big for.  She's still refusing to take the training wheels off although she knows that she's capable of riding it without them.  I think it's ridiculous to even have a bike since she hardly ever uses it, but try telling that to her grandmother.

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Can you run fast?  There is a bike reason I am asking.

Quoting soccer711:

My daughter has a Disney princess bike that she's actually a little too big for.  She's still refusing to take the training wheels off although she knows that she's capable of riding it without them.  I think it's ridiculous to even have a bike since she hardly ever uses it, but try telling that to her grandmother.

eztwins
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Both have mountain bikes.

They took the training wheels off their bikes at 4. They're 14 now
mama2b100808
by Group Admin on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Well we need to get her a new one because she is to tall for the one she has now. 

soccer711
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:05 AM

Not really.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting soccer711:

catplaying soccer girlscrapbooking

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Mine were 4 and 5 when the training wheels came off.  How old were they when they got mountain bikes?

Quoting eztwins: Both have mountain bikes. They took the training wheels off their bikes at 4. They're 14 now

eztwins
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm...idk exactly. It had to do with their heights. I think it was about 3 years or so ago.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Mine were 4 and 5 when the training wheels came off.  How old were they when they got mountain bikes?

Quoting eztwins: Both have mountain bikes.

They took the training wheels off their bikes at 4. They're 14 now

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Mine 9 year old just got her mountain bike and my 12 year old got hers two years ago.

Quoting eztwins: Hmmm...idk exactly. It had to do with their heights. I think it was about 3 years or so ago.
Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting eztwins: Both have mountain bikes. They took the training wheels off their bikes at 4. They're 14 now

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Why I am asking is because my husband took the training wheels off and ran behind or beside them until they got their balance.  I remember them telling him not to let go and promised he wouldn't, but he already had and they were doing it on their own!

Quoting soccer711:

Not really.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting soccer711:

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM

What type of a bike? 

Quoting mama2b100808:

Well we need to get her a new one because she is to tall for the one she has now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)