Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teachers

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:18 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

What does your tween think of her teachers so far this school year?

by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM
So far my tweens (12 and 9) like the teachers they have.
Linda_Runs
by Linda on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My 9 year old has a homeroom teacher then gym and music.  So no only three.  My 12 year old is in 7th and has a few of them.  So far, no complaints.

dedhed
by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

They like some, they don't like others. 

I like the ones they don't like, and dislike the ones they like.

They know that they have to do well no matter who the teacher is, there are all kinds of people in the world and they need to learn to adjust.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
So far so good but he's had his teacher before for afterschool and he liked her
soccer711
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter thinks her homeroom teacher is cool and funny. She also seems to like her art, science and Adaptive Physical Education (A.P.E.) teacher. She was excited that her class was swimming today as part of A.P.E.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:43 PM
I would be excited to!
All children should learn how to swim.
I've never had a class in school that offered swimming.

Quoting soccer711: My daughter thinks her homeroom teacher is cool and funny. She also seems to like her art, science and Adaptive Physical Education (A.P.E.) teacher. She was excited that her class was swimming today as part of A.P.E.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My nine year old has three teachers, in addition to the specials teachers: art, music, PE, technology.
That's seven teachers! 😮

The school calls it Departmentalization and it is to prepare them for middle school. Instead of one teacher, or maybe two teachers like most fourth graders they change teachers and classes like middle schoolers. The school used to start this with fifth graders, and now they start it with the fourth graders. I think it's to early but that could just be because I'm not ready for my nine year old to grow up.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

My 9 year old has a homeroom teacher then gym and music.  So no only three.  My 12 year old is in 7th and has a few of them.  So far, no complaints.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 6:25 PM
She likes them. She's a little afraid of one...he's a big guy and told us at Back To School night that he's aware that when he's not smiling he looks mean but DH and I thought he was really funny. DD is a total teacher pleaser so I'm sure it'll be a good year.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:11 PM

My 12 year old stepdaughter hates everything about middle school, lol. She does have a couple of teachers she hates slightly less. 

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Sep. 21, 2017 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

That is quite a few teachers for that age.

Quoting diaperstodating: My nine year old has three teachers, in addition to the specials teachers: art, music, PE, technology. That's seven teachers! 😮 The school calls it Departmentalization and it is to prepare them for middle school. Instead of one teacher, or maybe two teachers like most fourth graders they change teachers and classes like middle schoolers. The school used to start this with fifth graders, and now they start it with the fourth graders. I think it's to early but that could just be because I'm not ready for my nine year old to grow up.
Quoting Linda_Runs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)