Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take A Knee

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:30 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Would you be supportive if your son or daughter decided to Take A Knee during school or during a sports game they are playing in, swimming in or cheering for?
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:31 PM
Yes I would be supportive.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes....as long as they can explain to me why and what it is really about.  I don't want them to do it because its the "in" thing to do but because of the meaning behind it.

Momoffour83
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes
ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:46 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes, as long as they understood why they were doing it and they weren't just doing it for show.

My husband was originally against it but he's come around. As former military he gets he defended this country for our right to peaceful protest.

My view my grandfather risked his life to come here because we are free to have different beliefs.

My only hope is the players doing this do more then just take a knee. Stop playing into the culture of violence. Stop beating your woman and children, stop shooting yourself in the leg and stop getting drug violations. Be a positive role model for these kids, don't play into the stereotype.

And in the same I wish they would give more press to the guys getting it right. There are a lot of them
2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

no

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My only hope is the players doing this do more then just take a knee. Stop playing into the culture of violence. Stop beating your woman and children, stop shooting yourself in the leg and stop getting drug violations. Be a positive role model for these kids, don't play into the stereotype.

And in the same I wish they would give more press to the guys getting it right. There are a lot of them
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:39 PM
Yes, I agree ljmom!

Quoting diaperstodating: My only hope is the players doing this do more then just take a knee. Stop playing into the culture of violence. Stop beating your woman and children, stop shooting yourself in the leg and stop getting drug violations. Be a positive role model for these kids, don't play into the stereotype.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Yes....as long as they can explain to me why and what it is really about.  I don't want them to do it because its the "in" thing to do but because of the meaning behind it.

ILovemyPaulie
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:42 PM
No. Absolutely not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)