Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Friday! 11/24

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
Happy Friday!
What are your plans for today?
How was your Thanksgiving?

Random question:
Do you shop on Black Friday?
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
soccer711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:38 AM
My Thanksgiving was good. My daughter told me yesterday that one of her younger cousins on her dad's side told her the truth about Santa. Honestly, I thought she was a little old to still believe in Santa since she's almost 12.5 and in middle school, but she has ADHD and has always been extremely immature for her age. I don't want her to be teased at school so I told her the story (yet again) of St. Nicholas in Turkey many years ago and then that after he passed away, parents liked his selflessness and generosity so to keep the spirit alive they put presents from "Santa" under the tree and in stockings. I also told her not to reveal what she knows to my nieces - they'd be crushed and their parents would be angry since my nieces are 4, 2.5 and due in January. My sister-in-law's due date for niece #3 is only 46 days away.

Today, my daughter has a doctor's appointment and then this afternoon she wants to go ice skating. She also wants to watch Wonder at the movie theater, but we may have to wait until next week for that.

No, I no longer do Black Friday shopping after my one and only experience in 2004. My ex (my husband at the time) wanted some games for some system we had so we got up at 3 or 4 to be at Wal-Mart for 5 or 6. I wanted to strangle him afterwards. He played the games maybe 5 times each and then sold everything to our neighbors for $100 in December to buy Christmas presents and couldn't understand why I was angry. Jeez, I wonder...
Linda_Runs
by Linda on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:44 AM

It's Friday!  I can't believe I made it. 

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:56 PM
Happy Friday

Off today with the kids recovering from my ptsd experience with Black Friday online shopping st target. After we finish lunch I have to do rearranging in living room for tree.

I did shopping on line yesterday and had to go pick up today and I’m giving cash this year. Although the store itself didn’t seem bad.
Linda_Runs
by Linda on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM

Image result for canadians on black friday funny

PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 9:32 PM

LOL I keep waiting for it to get stupid like it does in the States but I'm ok with polite crowds! I stay away from Black Friday if I can but boy howdy I've regretted entering certain stores on Boxing Day.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Image result for canadians on black friday funny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)