Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child’s school do this?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2017 at 4:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Does your child’s school recognize Honor Roll Students?
How?
by on Nov. 28, 2017 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 28, 2017 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes

soccer711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
On the report card as far as I can see and I'm kind of disappointed that that's her only recognition from school since she's on the high honor roll. When I was going to school in the 1980s and 1990s, if a student got his or her name on the honor or high honor roll, his or her name and grade were printed in the local newspaper. My daughter's been on the honor or high honor roll since 3rd grade (she's in 7th grade now). Her elementary school principal always sent a letter of recognition home congratulating her, but nothing from her middle school principal.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 28, 2017 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
They have a ceremony - the parents, siblings and relatives are invited to the ceremony. It’s in the afternoon, after each quarter.
It would be more convenient if it was in the morning or the evening. They give certificates to the students at the ceremony.

They also get to earn prizes.
My 7th grader, who has been on the Honor Roll last year and again this year gets candy and McDonalds gift cards.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 28, 2017 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
At the middle school where I work they have an Ice Cream Social every quarter for the Honor Roll Students.
ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
They do it for 7th grade up. They have an award day in school at end of each quarter where they get certificates for honor roll and perfect attendance and some other things but just for kids. Parents aren’t there, they do it during homeroom
livelaughlove29
by Jennifer on Nov. 28, 2017 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

yes

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 28, 2017 at 10:19 PM
The school should recognize your daughter and the other Honor Roll Students.

Does the school where you work do anything?

Quoting soccer711: On the report card as far as I can see and I'm kind of disappointed that that's her only recognition from school since she's on the high honor roll. When I was going to school in the 1980s and 1990s, if a student got his or her name on the honor or high honor roll, his or her name and grade were printed in the local newspaper. My daughter's been on the honor or high honor roll since 3rd grade (she's in 7th grade now). Her elementary school principal always sent a letter of recognition home congratulating her, but nothing from her middle school principal.
EcoModernMom
by Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 11:20 PM
Not my 5th grader’s school. Maybe in middle/high school.
LoveAll3306
by Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 11:23 PM
Yes, my 6th grader has received an award. They don't do the stickers though. Lol
soccer711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting diaperstodating: The school should recognize your daughter and the other Honor Roll Students.

Does the school where you work do anything?

Quoting soccer711: On the report card as far as I can see and I'm kind of disappointed that that's her only recognition from school since she's on the high honor roll. When I was going to school in the 1980s and 1990s, if a student got his or her name on the honor or high honor roll, his or her name and grade were printed in the local newspaper. My daughter's been on the honor or high honor roll since 3rd grade (she's in 7th grade now). Her elementary school principal always sent a letter of recognition home congratulating her, but nothing from her middle school principal.

I honestly don't know if the school I work at which my daughter's a student at does anything more. If not, that's sad. They can spend millions of dollars on a gorgeous auditorium for the drama club and our Command Performances as well as unneeded, but a gorgeous new track for cross country as well as track obviously and a gorgeous second football field. Why can't they spend that kind of money on academics?

catapronfloating in pool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)