Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Monday! 12/18

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2017 at 6:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
Happy Monday!
How was your weekend?

Random question:
Have you ever been camping?
by on Dec. 16, 2017 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccer711
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
The weekend was good. My mom and I took my daughter and nieces to a local fire station to have breakfast with Santa on Saturday then we went sledding behind the school my brother and I attended from Kindergarten until we graduated from high school. When we took my nieces home, we went to a bookstore to kill some time before we went to see Wonder at the theatre. Yesterday all we did was go grocery shopping. Today I'm not working and it would be silly to send my daughter to school just for 2 hours before having to pull her out for the rest of the day. She has a dentist appointment in the next county over and it takes about an hour to get there - an hour and a half if the roads aren't the best, but the office is off the interstate on a heavily populated street so we should be Okay.

My parents took my brother and me camping with some of one of my dad's friends and his family every year at the beach until I was a teenager. I also went to our coumcil's Girl Scout camp. My daughter has been to both of our Girl Scout camps several times in the 7 years she's been a Girl Scout. I hate camping!!

catapronfloating in pool

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Monday!
I am working today. No specific plans for later, everything else I will just go with the flow.

I have never been camping before.
Linda_Runs
by Linda on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

So you have never been camping before.  It is fun.  We do it every year.

Quoting diaperstodating: Happy Monday! I am working today. No specific plans for later, everything else I will just go with the flow. I have never been camping before.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:45 AM
No.
My oldest son used to be a Cub Scout. They never went camping - maybe you have to be a Boy Scout?

I’ve never had the opportunity or desire to go camping.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting diaperstodating: Happy Monday!

I am working today. No specific plans for later, everything else I will just go with the flow.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Nice tradition for your family.
I’m glad you enjoy it.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a former coworker/ current Facebook friend who’s dad used to take her and her siblings every year, now her dad takes his kids and his grandkids camping every year.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Great weekend. We finally got snow. 9 inches at my house.

Babysat my 18 month old grandson on Friday night. He did pretty well. He has been a mommas boy from day one.

Saturday we visited Santa and then had a dog play date. My friend is watching our pooch over christmas and just got a new puppy so we wanted to make sure there weren't any issues.

I have been camping my whole life. We usually tent camp a few times in the summer and camper camp a few times too. Just depends on where we are going.

awbredux
by Allie on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:57 PM

The weekend was good. Both girls were in a dance recital, and their choir sang Sunday at church.   We almost finished Christmas shopping.   I've been tent camping in campgrounds with bathrooms a few times, but not in many years.  

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:39 PM

It is a great activity for kids.  No tech, just nature.

Quoting diaperstodating: I have a former coworker/ current Facebook friend who’s dad used to take her and her siblings every year, now her dad takes his kids and his grandkids camping every year.
Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting diaperstodating: Happy Monday! I am working today. No specific plans for later, everything else I will just go with the flow. I have never been camping before.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:51 PM
Tiring weekend dh had to work all weekend thanks to call outs which means he’s going on day 8 without a day off and has to make it to Friday so yah he’s in a great mood.

Went camping once as a kid. My parents went with a bunch of friends but we had a suburban and wagoner so we slept in back of trucks.

My Dad had a camper for awhile but we only parked it in the driveway of his his friends beach home and my sister and I played house in it and then when my Dad coached softball it was the portable potty because they didn’t have them at parks back then. But he never took full weeks off and my mom was too nervous to drive it so he sold it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)