Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your children are all the same gender

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
If your children are all the same gender...
have you ever thought that your grandchildren will be the other gender?

Or maybe I’m the only one who’s even thinking about future grandchildren.
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:56 PM
Yes.
I’m the mother of all boys. I’m happy that I have all boys. I have thought about it, and I think my grandchildren will be girls.
LadyAmaranth
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I can see that happening. It'd become a generational thing for me (even though its the men that choose gender technically LOL).
My mom is one of two girls. She had 4 daughters. My sister has 6 daughters. I have 3 boys. My late husband was the oldest of 4 boys.

So, it seems very likely my kids, if they have children, will have all the same gender.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom had 2 girls, now she has 1 granddaughter and 4 grandson. I’m torn I’d love to have grandsons but to have my sons have boys just like them ;)
awbredux
by Allie on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Both my children are girls.  I am not ready to think about future grandchildren! 
My parents had only girls, three of us, and that's what I have.  But my older sister has a boy and a girl; my younger sister, two boys and a girl.   Since the gender comes from the dad, it makes me wonder if someone with all boys is more likely to all all or mostly grandsons.  

Linda_Runs
by Linda on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I have two girls only, but have never thought about the gender of future grandchildren.  I am just busy trying to get my two through the tweens without killing them - LOL!

coala
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I hadn't really thought about it.

I have 2 of the same gender, but to be fair only one is ours biologically.  The other was adopted from my sister.  My ODD (adopted) doesn't want to have children because she is worried that she will end up with a child like her sister (my bio DD).  She is a piece of work and my ODD swears she would have to "kill" said future child.  She isn't sure how her sister has been able to live this long.  LOL  She has severe allergies and ADHD.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:14 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)