Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day of Service

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Are you serving your community today?

When was the the last time you volunteered?
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM

Mobile Photo

PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard of this.  I'm not doing anything today but  I am one of the class moms for dd's gr 4/5 class and I do other volunteering at the school.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:05 PM
I went to the Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade today.
I didnโ€™t volunteer today.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:08 PM
My previous church is good at letting members know about volunteer opportunities in the community. I still get the emails so I am aware of what I could have done today... I chose to go to the parade today instead.

I probably could have done both, but honestly itโ€™s just to cold to go out of the house today.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:09 PM
I think the Day of Service started about ten years ago.

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

I've never heard of this.  I'm not doing anything today but  I am one of the class moms for dd's gr 4/5 class and I do other volunteering at the school.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Mobile Photo

awbredux
by Allie on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughters both had service projects at church, and we all went to a worship service honoring Dr. King.   Seems like an appropriate thing to do on this day.  

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of this but we do one Boston day in April. Along the same idea, serve the community on 4/15 (anniversary of the Boston marathon)

PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:04 PM

The day isn't a holiday in Canada.

Quoting diaperstodating: I think the Day of Service started about ten years ago.
Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:31 PM

I didn't do anything service-wise.

It's been a couple years since I did any volunteering. I used to help out in the elementary school's library, as well as the middle school's. I did about 3 years of helping in the classrooms. And there's the 9 years I spent as either a den leader or asst. den leader in Cub Scouts, and the 4 years as a Girl Scout cookie mom.

I think I got kinda burnt out on volunteering. I'll eventually get back into it somehow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)