Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever won anything from a radio station?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
Have you ever won anything from a radio station?
Have you ever won anything from anywhere?
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I won $50 once.

I also won both Billy Ray Cyrus concert tickets and Jessica Simpson tickets. With the Jessica ones, I was really hoping for the Kenny Chesney tickets they were also giving away, but oh well.

I've won a few dollars here and there off scratch-off lottery tickets, and a gift certificate to a chocolate shop in a silent auction.

amberdotsmom
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  I've had this life long geeky retro LOVE for The Monkees and when Mickey Dolanz had a morning show I called in, was chosen to answer the trivia question of the day and got it right.  Prize wasn't much, a couple magnets, a hat and a t-shirt with the station name and "Dolenz in the Morning" on them but ...... I got to talk to Micky!  Had the whole family listening in the other room and I was so excited....I did have to endure some good natured teasing from them about it though, but that's what family is for, to put up with your weirdness too

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I have.  The local radio station has daily questions and I was able to answer it.  It was tickets to see Train in concert.  I was excited but then as we got closer to the date, I wasn't able to go.  I was able to donate them to someone that has a SN child and it was an opportunity for her to do something for herself. 

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and totally by accident. May have been some drinking involved back in college and we just randomly called a station and won. But didn’t know what cause we weren’t listening. They said congrats you are the x caller please hold on. Well didn’t know what it was and thinking it’s late at night so maybe a show so give my friends sister name Incase you had to be 21 and well she was so mad cause it was baby show tickets and she knew the promotions manager at the station.
PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

From online  contests I've won concert and movie tickets and a date night. I've won door prizes that have included a massage, a haircut at an expensive salon and $50 of gas.

My favorite win was a pair of VIP passes to the closing night exclusive party and airing for FRIENDS. I won it on the radio. The studio that produced Friends partnered with Cineplex theatres across Canada and the US to have these VIP evenings the night of the final episode. They closed the theatre, made the lobby into the Central Perk, had cutouts of all the cast, with a working coffee bar and baristas that would make you the special drinks you's see on the menu board in the show. The concession was still open plus the radio station that was one of the sponsors locally had a prize and food cart in the theatre. We had passes that looked like the picture frame on the door and it was hosted by one of their morning crew members and a local tv channel. I got to be on a clip for the news and the radio. It was sooo much fun and I still cry when I see that final hour of the show.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:51 AM
No.
I’m reserved and I wouldn’t scream and act excited if I won something so that prevents me from calling in to try to win.

Just today, not to long after I posted this actually - when I was driving to my son’s school - someone called in to the radio station and won a $50 gift card.

The DJ asked the winner if she was at work, and asked her why she didn’t sound excited. I guess I just don’t want to be called out for “not sounding excited” if I won something.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:03 AM
I’ve won things online.

I won the movie Happy Feet from a local children’s magazine. I can’t remember what year that was... whenever Happy Feet came on DVD.

My most recent win was a $50 gift card from the annual car show. All I had to do was test drive a Ford.
I love it because there was no catch! At the Car Show I didn’t believe there was no catch. When I had to call my local Ford dealership to make the appointment for the test drive I thought that was easy. When I came in and told th dealer right away before the drive I had no interest in buying a new or used car and he didn’t pressure me I again thought that was easy.

I just can’t believe there was no catch! I want to go to the Car Show again next year not to look at the 2019 cars - but to get another gift card.
soccer711
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:11 PM
Once I won $50 on my birthday from having bought a calendar. I also won $310 once on a football pool as well as several times on scratch off tickets. I’ve never won a radio contest though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)